Carolina Huddle

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Fields does hold the ball too long sometimes. Might not be a good combo with our shitty line trying to protect him.   

He’s not going to be an option for us. We aren’t picking in the top 2. 

Fields looks horrible against big bad Indiana 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Indianas defense has been outstanding this year and I believe they are leading the country in interceptions. They had 11 coming into today. 

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Watching Both IU vs OSU and Florida At Vandy. 

Fields made a great throw on his first pass after that so so.  We'll see how well he does against a stout defense. 

Trask shows touch but not a lot of zip.  

IMO I wouldn't touch him either. 

All of our 2021 draft picks for Trevor Lawrence. 

Edited by Hoenheim

But more realistically? I'd be more than fine with Wilson or Lance if they dropped to our draft pick. If you believe thats your guy then draft him, fug the haters.

Mahomes was drafted 10th (and the cheifs traded UP to get him), Watson was drafted 12th overall and Texans also traded up to get him.. 

And Lamar Jackson was the last pick in the first round..

Don't get so wrapped up on QB in the first 5 or none at all lol. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Varking said:

if were in the top 10 we could probably trade up for anyone not named Trevor Lawerence. Maybe Rule and Hurney wont be that desperate for a QB, but they COULD do it. 

Maybe they think Teddy is the future for the next 10 years and dont draft a QB reguardless. I'm not quite sure how they feel about Teddy atm

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

if were in the top 10 we could probably trade up for anyone not named Trevor Lawerence. Maybe Rule and Hurney wont be that desperate for a QB, but they COULD do it. 

Maybe they think Teddy is the future for the next 10 years and dont draft a QB reguardless. I'm not quite sure how they feel about Teddy atm

I just can’t see any of the two suspected teams to have 1-2 in the Jets and Jags giving up the chance for Lawrence and Fields for almost any cost. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I just can’t see any of the two suspected teams to have 1-2 in the Jets and Jags giving up the chance for Lawrence and Fields for almost any cost. 

its too early for anyone to be guaranteeing the Jags are solidified at the 2nd pick. I could see a logjam that gets decided by SOS and tiebreakers if the jags win a couple more games. 

Edited by Hoenheim

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

its too early for anyone to be guaranteeing the Jags are solidified at the 2nd pick. I could see a logjam that gets decided by SOS and tiebreakers if the jags win a couple more games. 

You are right. And I have to remind myself the Jags did beat the 6-3 Colts and almost beat the Packers so they could win another game or two. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I don’t know man. We are only, I think, a game back from the WFT and if they win and we lose we could jump to top 5. I think the Jaguars will win a few more games. 

27 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

But more realistically? I'd be more than fine with Wilson or Lance if they dropped to our draft pick. If you believe thats your guy then draft him, fug the haters.

Mahomes was drafted 10th (and the cheifs traded UP to get him), Watson was drafted 12th overall and Texans also traded up to get him.. 

And Lamar Jackson was the last pick in the first round..

Don't get so wrapped up on QB in the first 5 or none at all lol. 

Not all your examples were of good teams moving up a bit to get their guy. We aren’t. Houston won their division and then traded up for a QB. Kansas City won their division and traded up for a QB. Baltimore went 9-7 and finished second in their division. It seems like the trend is if you are already a good team trading up for a QB makes sense. I’d have to look at the scenarios of teams that are bad, moving up further to get their guy and see how that pans out.

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t know man. We are only, I think, a game back from the WFT and if they win and we lose we could jump to top 5. I think the Jaguars will win a few more games. 

I’m just trying to not get my hopes up too high. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Indianas defense has been outstanding this year and I believe they are leading the country in interceptions. They had 11 coming into today. 

They are overrated big time. Playing against a top team and getting their brains bashed in. OSU gonna win by 4 TDS. 

18 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

They are overrated big time. Playing against a top team and getting their brains bashed in. OSU gonna win by 4 TDS. 

How do you overrate what is now 13 interceptions this season by their defense? They pitched a shutout last game. I don’t doubt OSU will blow them out in a drizzly game but Indianas defense has carried them in a year where most teams aren’t playing any. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Watching Both IU vs OSU and Florida At Vandy. 

Fields made a great throw on his first pass after that so so.  We'll see how well he does against a stout defense. 

Trask shows touch but not a lot of zip.  

IMO I wouldn't touch him either. 

I take that back about Trask.  He's made some really nice throws and does have zip when he needs it.  Granted it is against an 0-6 Vanderbilt team but he's made some nice throws. 

He'd be someone we'd have evaluate very closely.