Carolina Huddle

Love love love Trask. Watched some stuff of him over the week and today he's looked really good.

I think he's better than Wilson. Favorite QB in this draft other than the Top 2.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Love love love Trask. Watched some stuff of him over the week and today he's looked really good.

I think he's better than Wilson. Favorite QB in this draft other than the Top 2.

The one knock it seems everyone here has on him is he doesn’t have elite zip on the ball. 

Watching the OSU game and M. Penix for Indiana is a baller.  A massively quick release and has almost 400 yards against OSU and he is doing it with a non existent running game of 14 yards. 

He's a Junior so it's not totally unlikely he won't come out.  I've seen a couple of IU games and he has the baller mentality.  He's Good

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Watching the OSU game and M. Penix for Indiana is a baller.  A massively quick release and has almost 400 yards against OSU and he is doing it with a non existent running game of 14 yards. 

He's a Junior so it's not totally unlikely he won't come out.  I've seen a couple of IU games and he has the baller mentality.  He's Good

He isn’t entering this draft. He is a baller. Also threw a pick 6 this game. Played five games now this year and only two games were INT-free. 

Meanwhile, Fields has thrown three INTs today. I haven't been watching the game, so I can't comment beyond the boxscore.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, Fields has thrown three INTs today. I haven't been watching the game, so I can't comment beyond the boxscore.

Two were his fault 100%, the other the receiver jumped and tipped the ball as a defender hit him. It then got bounced up two more times. Once by the WR and once by the DB. Then another defender came down with it. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 1

52 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

As probably the lone IU fan on this board I completely agree with this statement. Penix has an insanely quick release and has incredible zip on his throws. He outplayed Fields today. The only thing holding him back has been injuries his first two seasons. My guess is he comes back for one more year but if he keeps putting up numbers like today he could could decide to enter the draft. 

57 minutes ago, Varking said:

He isn’t entering this draft. He is a baller. Also threw a pick 6 this game. Played five games now this year and only two games were INT-free. 

Dude had over 500 yards against a good OSU team and this is without a running game.  Like I said earlier I have seen two or three games and he has the "IT" factor.  While I don't know one way or the other whether he will leave.  He'll be in the conversation next year if we don't take a QB.  Probably in the same conversation as Howell from UNC. 

17 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

As probably the lone IU fan on this board I completely agree with this statement. Penix has an insanely quick release and has incredible zip on his throws. He outplayed Fields today. The only thing holding him back has been injuries his first two seasons. My guess is he comes back for one more year but if he keeps putting up numbers like today he could could decide to enter the draft. 

I work in Kuwait and as a retired Navy man I am able to get AFN (armed forces network)  Every saturday I am able to watch three games at once (3 of the 8 channels) show college football.  IU has been on several times.  

The first thing I notice was his extremely quick release.  You are 100% correct he outplayed Fields today.  Fields had a good day and IU defensive backfield got to him a couple of times.  Both were terrible decisions and could have been prevented but he'll learn.  

If Penix comes out this year I think he would probably slip to round two or maybe three.  If he did, I'd be running to the podium quickly.

I like him.   I could only imagine how good he would be with a decent running game. 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

The one knock it seems everyone here has on him is he doesn’t have elite zip on the ball. 

or mobility

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

or mobility

Big Daddy Trask had a 13 yard run today!

Adding on. Trask is the only SEC QB ever to have 30 passing TDs through 7 games. He’s out-touchdowning every QB this year in a TDs per game basis. Wilson averages 3.7ish, Fields averages 4.25ish, Trask is at 4.42 touchdowns per game. Numbers could be off a little but the order is correct. 

I'm not a Trask fan, but I would point out that Joe Montana ran the West Coast offense without "elite zip" on his passes or much in the way of mobility.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I work in Kuwait and as a retired Navy man I am able to get AFN (armed forces network)  Every saturday I am able to watch three games at once (3 of the 8 channels) show college football.  IU has been on several times.  

The first thing I notice was his extremely quick release.  You are 100% correct he outplayed Fields today.  Fields had a good day and IU defensive backfield got to him a couple of times.  Both were terrible decisions and could have been prevented but he'll learn.  

If Penix comes out this year I think he would probably slip to round two or maybe three.  If he did, I'd be running to the podium quickly.

I like him.   I could only imagine how good he would be with a decent running game. 

I would like to see Penix run more but they seem hesitant to do that given his injury history. I think he if he stays this year he is probably in the first round conversation next year.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a Trask fan, but I would point out that Joe Montana ran the West Coast offense without "elite zip" on his passes or much in the way of mobility.

Brady did alright without elite zip and mobility.