Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Proudiddy

Gordon Hayward signs with Charlotte 4 years/120M

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We don’t have enough cap to sign him to that deal

There could be another deal in the works. I heard they were looking to trade Rozier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I actually think it is a decent signing. Hayward is not Batum, he will work his butt off each year. Hayward is a legit starter and will likely be good throughout his 4 years here. To be honest, looking at the roster, we are a legit playoff team on paper. If we were to get Cousins, that would solidify us as a 6 or 7 seed for sure. Also, one other thing. To get good players into Charlotte, you have to overpay them, thems the rules for an organization like the Hornets.

Lol the 6th or 7th seed isn't worth giving a 30 year old 15/5/5 guy 30 mil a year when local guys like Brandon Ingram are gonna be available

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he can stay healthy this is a great signing for us....he can be a leader for us and he can fill it up

if we want FA we are going have to pay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We don’t have enough cap to sign him to that deal

Then how can this deal be announced/authorized by the league?  Wouldn't they have to announce how they plan to fit it under the cap first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Lol the 6th or 7th seed isn't worth giving a 30 year old 15/5/5 guy 30 mil a year when local guys like Brandon Ingram are gonna be available

Is being mediocre and not developing the young talent we have with playoff experience worth it either? This could possibly give our young core a chance to experience the playoffs and solidify themselves on a national stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woahfraze said:

Then how can this deal be announced/authorized by the league?  Wouldn't they have to announce how they plan to fit it under the cap first?

There is no hard cap in the NBA. They would just go over the luxury line until they can get below it. There is likely a trade already happening, it just hasn't been announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, OldNorthPowell said:

There is no hard cap in the NBA. They would just go over the luxury line until they can get below it. There is likely a trade already happening, it just hasn't been announced.

Then why are people talking about trades?  Maybe MJ has decided he'll pay the luxury tax.  Since nothing has been announced, that's just as likely an option, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woahfraze said:

Then why are people talking about trades?  Maybe MJ has decided he'll pay the luxury tax.  Since nothing has been announced, that's just as likely an option, right?

No, Jordan has mentioned that he will not go over the luxury tax unless he knows they have a shot at being contenders, which they likely will not be. Trade has to be in the works somewhere.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldNorthPowell said:

No, Jordan has mentioned that he will not go over the luxury tax unless he knows they have a shot at being contenders, which they likely will not be. Trade has to be in the works somewhere.

OK. I still don't understand how they can sign him at this time then. If it puts us over the cap, how can we do it until they've executed the trade that is apparently "in the works?"  If that trade falls through, then we can't make the signing.  So it seems like we'd have to do that first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Lol the 6th or 7th seed isn't worth giving a 30 year old 15/5/5 guy 30 mil a year when local guys like Brandon Ingram are gonna be available

Ingram been a disappointment since he left kinston 

  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, woahfraze said:

OK. I still don't understand how they can sign him at this time then. If it puts us over the cap, how can we do it until they've executed the trade that is apparently "in the works?"  If that trade falls through, then we can't make the signing.  So it seems like we'd have to do that first.

Who knows, this is just a likely thing. Maybe Jordan has lost his mind and is okay with going into the luxury. My bet is on a trade to free up a little room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Is being mediocre and not developing the young talent we have with playoff experience worth it either? This could possibly give our young core a chance to experience the playoffs and solidify themselves on a national stage.

We're going to be very mediocre regardless so no going 5 games in a 1st round series is absolutely not worth that

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

We're going to be very mediocre regardless so no going 5 games in a 1st round series is absolutely not worth that

Neither is holding on to money for nothing other than hopes and dreams. I would rather watch them in the playoffs, with a young team than watch them pick 7th or 8th again this coming off season. Agree to disagree with you on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Ingram been a disappointment since he left kinston 

Yeah that 23 year old 25 ppg 40% 3 point shooting wing really stunk it up last year

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...