• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrooklynMan

Jimmy Clausen's Throwing Motion

Did Moore look like a rookie last night? The Observer's cover story said that Clausen looked better. All of your logic makes sense except that it's based around a truly experienced QB as a starter. If Clausen was drafted last season backing up Jake there would be no debate.

It is hard to say if the QBs played like rookies, or the offensive line. They all looked equally bad in my opinion.

Have you read any of my posts? I've never once said that Clausen should be the starter. All I've said is that people like you should give up trying to convince us that Matt Moore is an established quarterback in this league because he isn't. He does not nor should have the job security of an experienced quarterback. A few meaningless wins gets him to start the season but after that he's got to earn it.

And All I have said is stop trying to act as if they are on even ground they aren't. Moore didn't have meaningless wins, they were regular season wins against teams that were trying to win and gameplanning to beat us unlike preseason.

No one is saying he is an experienced quarterback we are saying he has a ton more experience than Clausen and that is fact. The reason he is starting is because he is our most experienced quarterback plain and simple.

And again you just don't get it. More has earned it based on what he did over the past 3 years, Fox said as much. As soon as you accept that and move on, you will be fine. Again the only folks saying what you just did are in the media and on this message board.

That's correct, but if we field an OLine week 1 vs. the Giants like the one we've fielded the last 2 weeks, I'd say both of those are distinct possibilities. Obviously I hope this is not the case, because Clausen's going to have to play behind the same line. If Moore goes down or plays like he did last night and Clausen has to step in as the starter we'll be damn lucky to see 5-11 or 6-10, not soley because Clausen would then be the starting QB but because it'll obviously mean other major aspects of the team are not clicking(OLine, special teams, etc, etc...)

In order to truly succeed in a pro-style offense, especially for a rookie, QB's MUST have MONSTER f*cking OLinemen and a solid running game to lean on, which is precisely why Clausen didn't win many game's at ND. Fundamentally he is a damn good QB who usually makes good decisions while under center, otherwise his passing statistics at ND would have sucked as much as the rest of the team.

I largely agree. Except I don't know if we win 6 games with Clausen, maybe 2 or 3. Clausen may have been fundamentally sound in college but this is different. He made good decisions the first preseason game and very poor ones the second. I need to see more consistency over time before I could say he is anything. Right now he is a good looking rookie with plenty to learn.

Someone pointed out yesterday that his escape-ability largely comes from playing behind an equally terrible line in college. I think that's true. It's also funny because there were lots of comments during TC at how much slower he was through the footwork drills than all of the other quarterbacks and now the press has formally declared him the most mobile. Just goes to show you that playing live versus practice are two different things.

He looks more mobile because he takes off sooner and doesn't hang in the pocket looking to throw the ball. David Carr was pretty mobile too, how did that work though???

I largely agree. Except I don't know if we win 6 games with Clausen, maybe 2 or 3. Clausen may have been fundamentally sound in college but this is different. He made good decisions the first preseason game and very poor ones the second. I need to see more consistency over time before I could say he is anything. Right now he is a good looking rookie with plenty to learn.

And Moore may poor decisions in both games so far. Our QB play as a whole has been terrible and if Moore doesn't quiet the critics soon, I think it may be time to see what Clausen can do with the ones in a preseason game.

[...] I think it may be time to see what Clausen can do with the ones in a preseason game.

The same thing he did last night. Throw picks, which is not what the team needs right now. I think Moore will make the better decisions which is what the team needs at the moment after the debacle called 2009.

I don't think Moore has had a great preseason game since he's been here, so I'm not at all worried about him. Clausen will be fine too, but there is absolutely no reason to rush him.

This from a semi-unintersted observer.

I saw flashes of Peyton Manning in Clausen last night! (I'm not saying that he will ever be as good as Peyton is, Peyton is a once in generation happening.) There is potential for him to be a starting QB in the NFL.

And Moore may poor decisions in both games so far. Our QB play as a whole has been terrible and if Moore doesn't quiet the critics soon, I think it may be time to see what Clausen can do with the ones in a preseason game.

And your opinion matters not a bit to Fox who is making the decisions. Moore is the starter and will play to start the year. Clausen will not start so there is no reason to see how he plays with the 1s. It won't matter. There is no quarterback competition. None.

This from a semi-unintersted observer.

I saw flashes of Peyton Manning in Clausen last night! (I'm not saying that he will ever be as good as Peyton is, Peyton is a once in generation happening.) There is potential for him to be a starting QB in the NFL.

You mean Peyton's rookie year or last year for example. In any event that is good, he will likely be the starter down the road if Richardson doesn't resign Moore.

After watching last nights game I have to say that at this point, it doesn't matter which QB starts....both will suck behind the current incarnation of this O-line!

But, I would like to add that it does seem like Jimmy's pocket awareness is much better than Matts at this point.

Just my observation though

But, I would like to add that it does seem like Jimmy's pocket awareness is much better than Matts at this point.

Matt didn't do that bad, he just didn't run out of the pocket. Clausen looked "electric" (no clue why I used that word) because he kept getting flushed out, which isn't really a good thing.

Matt didn't do that bad, he just didn't run out of the pocket. Clausen looked "electric" (no clue why I used that word) because he kept getting flushed out, which isn't really a good thing.

I agree, but he made something out of nothing so I give him props there...I feel bad for Matt if that O-Line doesn't pick it up; he will be on his back more than a 2 dollar hooker this year!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CPsinceDay1

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts