• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C47

National Recruiting Thread

I was having a conversation about Florida and USC's recruiting classes with DM97 yesterday via pms, and with National Signing Day just two weeks away I thought I would make a thread where everyone could discuss their favorite schools recruits and recruiting in general.

I'll start with USC. I'm extremely excited about this class to be honest. Despite sanctions and possible limited scholarships SC has managed to land the fifth ranked class in the nation (currently of course it could certainly change by NSD). We currently have 6 of Rivals top 100 recruits and 2 of their top 50 JUCO kids.

We are also in very good standing and look to be the team to beat with Cyrus Hobbi (rumors around SC is that he's already made a silent commit) and Marqise Lee (same rumors as Hobbi). Lamar Dawson apparently loved L.A. and the school (though I honestly expect him to stay close to home) and we're making a huge albeit late push for Aundrey Walker. Perhaps the biggest news is that Cyrus Kouandjio is more then likely visiting the very last recruiting weekend. It's certainly going to be a fun few weeks for Trojans fans seeing how this class shakes out. You can question his coaching ability but CLK is a CLOSER when it comes to recruiting....:party:

Oh yea, just for 97.....we got Cody Kessler to.....

As for the national recruiting scene, I'll give some predictions for some of the top guys....

-Jadeveon Clowney shocks everyone and goes to Alabama.

-Butch Davis works some late recruiting magic and lands Curtis Grant.

-The Seminoles class gets even better when they land Tony Steward.

-Hobbi is in fact a silent commit to USC.

-CLK lands Cyrus K on the weekend before NSD because Cyrus can play from day one at SC and he will have to sit for a bit at 'Bama. The Cyrus and Cyrus connection on the line will look good for years.

-FSU also lands Nick O'Leary.

-Marqise Lee will be playing safety in the Coliseum next year.

-Dawson heads to Rocky Top.

-Family pressure is too much for Aundrey Walker and he stays in Ohio to be a Buckeye (hope I'm wrong on this one).

-Timmy Jernigan for the Crimson Tide.

-Finally, Kris Frost will ultimately end up at Auburn.

Oh yea' date=' just for 97.....we got Cody Kessler to.....[/quote']

:lol: I hate you.

Not so fast, my friend! Curtis Grant visited Florida this weekend and apparently fell in love. I look to see him commit to UF!

:lol: I hate you.

Not so fast, my friend! Curtis Grant visited Florida this weekend and apparently fell in love. I look to see him commit to UF!

haha one day I'll stop mentioning Cody. As for Grant, I could certainly see him ending up in Gainsville I just expect Butch Davis to have one BOOM recruit and Grant is a guy who fits that mold. Especially with Grant visiting Chapel Hill on the final weekend I could certainly see Butch swaying him. It will be a dogfight for his services for sure....

Also SC got some more linebacker help with Sarao commiting last night. Makes Dawson less of a NEED now (though I would still love to have him). Now if we can just fill out the class with a couple more offensive lineman, Cyrus K and Aundrey Walker would make my YEAR.....

We stopped recruiting in November and we'll still end up Top 20. I think we add 4* Joseph Carter and maybe Lake Koa-ka'i, Arrington Jenkins, Ameer Abdullah and then a bunch of scrubs because we basically have one decent recruiter on the entire staff.

Then after NSD, I pray the rumors are true that we're gonna fire several offensive coaches.

Yes, Nebraska's class is definitely surprising with as quiet as they've been on the recruiting trail lately. Aaron Green is a HUGE get for them, he's a stud running back that I've been following for probably 2 years now. I also really like the early enroled QB you have Turner. He looks like he could be a solid weapon for the Huskers....

off topic but doesnt deserve its own thread:

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/uncs-austin-gets-no-99-for-all-star-game#ixzz1BP65yuGM

The 6-foot-3, 310-pound Austin, who wore No. 9 for UNC, did not play a down last season for the 8-5 Tar Heels. He was dismissed from the program after emerging as a key figure in an NCAA investigation relating to improper contacts between UNC players and sports agents.

Austin, who is scheduled to wear a UNC helmet in the game, was among a few players who declined to take the Wonderlic Test this week, according to the National Football Post web site.

Hard to pass without a tutor huh?

Yes' date=' Nebraska's class is definitely surprising with as quiet as they've been on the recruiting trail lately. Aaron Green is a HUGE get for them, he's a stud running back that I've been following for probably 2 years now. I also really like the early enroled QB you have Turner. He looks like he could be a solid weapon for the Huskers....[/quote']

Yeah, I think Turner ends up at WR. Green was a good get, as his brother already plays for us and we're really think at RB going into next season now that Heard didn't qualify (again).

Other than that, most of the highly regarded guys were legacies (4* FLA OT Tyler Moore) or won't actually ever play football (4* Kansas QB Bubba Starling).

Dude, Butch Davis is about to land his best recruiting class yet, with or without Grant. And for the record, he has never even been accused of any recruiting violations, much less found guilty of any. Not at Miami and not at UNC.

lol look at Mr. Semantics.

Semantics? He either committed a recruiting violation or he didn't. Show me a link that says he has. Recruiting has nothing to do with a couple of upperclassmen taking illegal benefits from agents/runners. Those players are guilty as hell, but they made the choice all by themselves and commited their sins on their spring vacation.

And FTR, I hope Marvin Austin kicks ass in that shrine game. He made a big mistake but he's not some criminal who doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. Many many players are in the NFL right now who did the same thing, but didn't get caught, and I guarantee you that some of them probably went to Nebraska or Florida or even NC State.

Butch Davis is responsible for the staff he assembles, and that staff had a guy on it who was getting paid for introducing his and other players to an agent. If that's not a violation, then why is John Blake no longer on the staff?

Butch Davis is responsible for the staff he assembles, and that staff had a guy on it who was getting paid for introducing his and other players to an agent. If that's not a violation, then why is John Blake no longer on the staff?

If John Blake would have committed a clear cut NCAA violation at UNC, he would have been fired outright instead of being forced to resign...Dick Baddour came out and said as much.

Of course Davis did make a mistake by hiring Blake, but it's a huge leap to assume that he committed recruiting violations based on that. Like I said, UNC has not even been investigated for recruiting violations. If you're gonna comment on this stuff, at least get your facts straight. Otherwise just keep the thread on track by talking about recruiting at your school.