• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C47

National Recruiting Thread

Seriously man, I'm afraid that could actually happen on the field if that man doesn't call it quits soon. It would break my heart to see a legend go out that way.

You're absolutely right though...too much uncertainty for the future.

Yea I keep hoping he's going to hang it up after each year. I'm just waiting for the heart attack on the sideline as bad as that sounds....

I think his retirement had a lot to do with it. Just like I'm sure Joe Pa's eventual retirement (hopefully not death) will make top players consider Penn State more seriously. What 18 year old kid wants to commit to a school when he's not sure who is going to be the coach in two years....

Within days of Bowden's "retirement" being announced in late 09, FSU's class went from a borderline top 20 class to a top 10 class with some big recruits finally committing to Jimbo's plan. It was obviously the best thing for FSU and even though some people still hate the way it went down, Fisher has put FSU back in a position they really haven't been in nearly a decade.

The problems at FSU went way beyond Bobby's uncertain future. The college football world had changed drastically since Bowden's glory days and he really made no effort to keep up with it. Once Fisher got the reigns, he changed the program from top to bottom. Everything from Nutrition and conditioning to bringing in a young and motivated supporting staff with PLAYBOOKS (i'm serious). I think most FSU fans sum it up as "We hated to see him go, but we're sure as hell glad he is gone!" His leaving finally let FSU form a new identity and recruits saw that and wanted to be a part of it. The team/staff is no longer just going through the motions...they're out to compete on a championship level!

UNC LB commit Norkeithus Otis moved his visit back a week so that he and Curtis Grant could visit together. Sounds good.

Aundrey Walker on his visit to SC...

"In one word that trip was awesome," Walker said. "I got off that plane and 75 degrees hit me. It was so nice. I saw downtown and all the lights. I stayed in the J.W. Marriot. L.A. alone is so magnificent. The school is great. So are the academics and the alumni base. I spent my birthday out there and it was so much fun. I chilled with the players, saw the Coliseum. People need to realize that the distance is not a drawback. They need offensive linemen and that is very appealing. That's part of why they are one of my top schools."

I'm cautiously optimistic about landing this kid. Unfortunately he's still a Glenville kid so until his pen hits the paper he's an OSU lean....

FSU just jumped to #1 on ESPN's rankings!

With the recent decommit of five-star OT Christian Westerman from Texas (to Auburn), FSU currently occupies the #1 spot in ESPN's recruiting class rankings. And FSU is in the mix for Top 20 prospects Jernigan, O'Leary, and Steward.

This FSU class could end up with as many ESPNU 150 recruits as they did in '09 and '10 classes combined (13).

FSU has twice as many ESPNU Top 150 players (10) than ACC 2nd-place Clemson (5).

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2011/1/21/1948420/fsu-new-1-on-espn-recruiting-for-now

Florida is trying to make a run for Jacoby Brissett. Weis is recruiting him pretty hard. He was originally offered a grayshirt by Urban Meyer and turned it down, but Muschamp offered him a full scholarship.

Miami contacted Antwuan Woods and Greg Townsend and asked them not to make their official visit this weekend. They were worried that the two USC D-Line recruits would do some recruiting for the Trojans. However Farmer is still going to make sure the Canes don't sway Marqise.....

Florida is trying to make a run for Jacoby Brissett. Weis is recruiting him pretty hard. He was originally offered a grayshirt by Urban Meyer and turned it down, but Muschamp offered him a full scholarship.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2011/1/21/1949309/dwyer-coach-jack-daniels-said-nick-oleary-is-very-close-to-making-up

Looks like you might get him.

QB Jacoby Brissett isn’t taking calls from Florida State [he is tired of the recruiting game], so don’t expect him to go there. He’s also ruled out South Carolina because "he thought the other guys were doing a better job of recruiting him," Daniels said.

On Brissett, this has been a very strange recruitment. Florida State already has Jake Coker in the fold, and he's very impressive. Brissett is also impressive, but two things have always bothered me about his recruitment.

First, he is demanding early playing time. FSU can offer the opportunity to compete for early playing time, theoretically, but it cannot promise early playing time. The second is his desire to play basketball. In today's day and age, that will not work. Spare me the Charlie Ward talk. This is a different game with different demands than it was even five years ago, much less twenty. I am sure FSU would take Brissett, but it can't and won't promise him early playing time. For that reason, the 'Noles have backed off.

As long as the Coker is a lock, I could care less. I agree with most of the above.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cornholeboard

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts