• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Shut Penn State Football Down...

the program will likely (hopefully) suffer regardless of what the NCAA does or doesn't do. What potential recruit would want to go there? What parent would let their son go there? Showering in the same place where those crimes were committed? The thought of it makes me throw up a little.

PSU is, obviously, a really weird place, but the one good thing about them now is that JoePa, their Supreme Leader, is dead, so the odds of them ever being this fvcked up again have dwindled dramatically.

the program will likely (hopefully) suffer regardless of what the NCAA does or doesn't do. What potential recruit would want to go there? What parent would let their son go there? Showering in the same place where those crimes were committed? The thought of it makes me throw up a little.

This is actually shaping up to be the best recruiting class they've had in a decade.

None (or at least very few) of the people now at Penn State had anything to do with the scandal. Specific punishment should be meted out to those who were involved, not to the institution when the offenders are already gone. I have never supported group punishment, that punishes the innocent with the guilty, and will not start now. But I will say that the death penalty might at least give pause to other schools in the future.

We've just seen with USC that this doesn't really matter the to the NCAA. That said, highly doubtful they'll get anything closely resembling the Death Penalty.

Take away accreditation and invalidate all degrees from that poo hole.

Death penalty is one thing and is quite possible. fuging over people who put the time in to earn their degrees and had nothing to do with this scandel is another.

This is actually shaping up to be the best recruiting class they've had in a decade.

The 2013 class is, but 2012 was ranked pretty low. The 2013 is before this report came out. Don't know if any of them will renege, but this might impact recruiting for the next couple of years.

One thing they should definitely do is take down the statue of Paterno.

I liked the idea of putting pictures of little boys behind him, so he could always be seen as turning his back on the children.

Death penalty is one thing and is quite possible. fuging over people who put the time in to earn their degrees and had nothing to do with this scandel is another.

It's not like degrees from there are worth anything anyways.

If they do shut down the football program in any way, they need to shut it down for good. If they shut it down only for a few years, people at Penn State and fans of the team will only wait anxiously for the return of football. Then once it returns, people will want to move on from this tragedy.

The victims of Sandusky will have a hard time healing. Some may never fully heal. Their pain was brought on because a few was looking out only for Penn State. Why should Penn State be able to move on, when these victims may not be able to fully heal? So if they shut down the program, shut it down for good. Yes, people will lose jobs, football players will have to transfer and do other things, but I'm willing to bet those victims would trade their pain for any pain that comes from shutting down the football program for good.

Change the colors, change the logo and uniforms, bring in all new coaches....and take the Paterno statue down.

Hey man

Why don't you go jack off on Joe Pa's grave?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    dthoma15

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts