• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatofWar

Zimmerman a Pedophile?

to be fair if zimmerman was black it probably wouldn't have taken national outcry for him to get charged with a crime after shooting an unarmed kid in the chest

If those white guys were able to take their guns home the night of the murder, had police help cover up what they did, and it took them a month to get arrested for it, yeah I'd come out the wood work. Zimmerman utliizing his "white privilege" to circumvent the law and avoid jail is what makes this case special. If Zimmerman were black no one would defend him here. WIth his checkered past and arrest record he'd be called a "thug".

If Zimmerman were black no black people would care, either.

Suppositions are awesome! I honestly don't know if that's true, it's certainly a possibility. I really think that the root cause of this is that Zimmerman was the anointed neighborhood watch person and as such was in a trusted position so his word was more apt to be trusted initially. I think had a black man been the neighborhoods appointed watchman, it might very well have turned out the same. There would have been similar public outcry when his prior record had come to light, methinks.

to be fair if zimmerman was black it probably wouldn't have taken national outcry for him to get charged with a crime after shooting an unarmed kid in the chest

I cant imagine any white folks on this board sympathizing with him killing a white kid in cold blood if he were black. Or crying about liberal media bias or giving him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his lying, his account, and his molestation accusations. The fact the victim is black is a big reason some people relate to and sympathize more with the killer and buy the whole "I was scared for my life" schtick.

I have no sympathy for him, and I've been very anti-zimmerman since the whole thing happened. I'd personally shoot him myself If I could. However, anyone who plays into the race game, in this or any case, is just allowing themselves to be artificially divided and conquered. You may think that you're some smart and righteous individual speaking out against race injustice by the reality is that when you allow yourself to find racial issues in EVERY place, when the reality is that they more than likely don't exist all the time, then you do nothing but perpetuate race issues.

I'm not saying that there isn't some race issue around this case, there might have been initially, but racist people have made this a racist issue, more so than the original act I think.

If Zimmerman were black no black people would care, either.

If he was able to take his gun home the night of the murder, the police worked to keep him out of jail, and it took a national outcry just to get him arrested they would. Can you give one example of a black person murdering someone and falling back on that kind of 'privilege'? I'll be waiting.

I'm not saying that there isn't some race issue around this case, there might have been initially, but racist people have made this a racist issue, more so than the original act I think.

its easy to be ok with "some race issue around the case" when it doesnt affect you. If you were black you'd feel differently. You at least know, if a black person kills you, the police are not gonna aid him in getting away with it.

Suppositions are awesome! I honestly don't know if that's true, it's certainly a possibility.

it's more likely than you think

numerous studies have been done on the effect of race on one's experience with the justice system and it's pretty conclusive that the justice system isn't really in the business of providing justice for black people but hey whatevs

I have no sympathy for him, and I've been very anti-zimmerman since the whole thing happened. I'd personally shoot him myself If I could. However, anyone who plays into the race game, in this or any case, is just allowing themselves to be artificially divided and conquered. You may think that you're some smart and righteous individual speaking out against race injustice by the reality is that when you allow yourself to find racial issues in EVERY place, when the reality is that they more than likely don't exist all the time, then you do nothing but perpetuate race issues.

the dude saw a black kid walking down the street and immediately assumed he was up to no good. "on drugs or something." "these fuging punks always get away." he called 911 and followed him with a gun. because he was black and walking down the street, zimmerman felt like he had to follow him with a gun.

this is a race issue. if anything you're enabling racism by acting like it's bad to point out racism where it exists. people should be publicly shamed for holding racist views. people who sympathize with and can relate to zimmerman's irrational fear of black kids in hoodies should be shamed for their racist views.

except now if zimmerman's defense is "hey i'm a guy you can totally trust and i'm not a racist dipshit," the prosecution can call on his cousin who says that she was repeatedly sexually assaulted by zimmerman, a guy who "doesn't like black people unless they act white"

http://www.tampabay....ing-her/1240577

Spoke to several attorney's in our office about the liklihood that this girl and her testimony concerning alleged abuse (for which she never reported....he was ever charged with....or even investigated) making it to trial.

They said that if she had relevant testimony about his hatred of blacks, they "might" be able to get it in. It would be an uphill battle, but it is possible.

As for the alleged abuse (again that was never reported or investigated), they said no way does it get into testimony. There is no evidence as this point that the allegation is even true....and without formal charges, investigation, and trial the testimony (which has nothing to do with the case at hand) they see no way of getting it in.

Her statement at this time is NOT evidence....no more so that me saying now that I saw you molest boys on multiple occasions.

i am not defending Zimmerman or saying that the abuse allegations are not true. Just sharing the information that several attorneys in our office said.

People are perfectly justified nowadays to fear people wearing hoodies at night out on the streets.

it's more likely than you think

numerous studies have been done on the effect of race on one's experience with the justice system and it's pretty conclusive that the justice system isn't really in the business of providing justice for black people but hey whatevs

the dude saw a black kid walking down the street and immediately assumed he was up to no good. "on drugs or something." "these fuging punks always get away." he called 911 and followed him with a gun. because he was black and walking down the street, zimmerman felt like he had to follow him with a gun.

this is a race issue. if anything you're enabling racism by acting like it's bad to point out racism where it exists. people should be publicly shamed for holding racist views. people who sympathize with and can relate to zimmerman's irrational fear of black kids in hoodies should be shamed for their racist views.

I was speaking in generalities. The odds that Zimmerman acted our of racism are pretty good, or it could be that he was just biased towards anyone who wears a large hoodie with their pants well below their ass -white, black, or otherwise.

The response wasn't necessarily related to the case in question but more towards people with the mindset of TK, someone who could find racial overtones in the way that cantaloupe is stacked at the supermarket.

yeah that's not really relevant, though a family member saying that zimmerman only likes black people who act white is p relevant if zimmerman tries to convince people that he's not a racist. i guess it will come down to how the prosecution decides to go after him. given the martin family's attorney's statements, they're probably going to bring up how he profiled martin, and it will probably get to that point

zimmerman should worry that he's going to face a poo ton of charges on top of murder 2. he may already see perjury and money laundering, and if there's anything to what his cousin is saying, he might be spending quite awhile in jail whether or not he walks on the murder 2 charge

The response wasn't necessarily related to the case in question but more towards people with the mindset of TK, someone who could find racial overtones in the way that cantaloupe is stacked at the supermarket.

that's fine, i don't really know his posting history all that well, but this definitely isn't the topic to make your case that people are justasbad for seeing racism because i mean come the fug on, if zimmerman called 911 because someone was wearing a hoodie he needs to be institutionalized

People are perfectly justified nowadays to fear people wearing hoodies at night out on the streets.

why