• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract

good point and good strategy if that is what we were doing.

barner and klein make williams and beason expendable. that's not to say they are as good or better, but both are and will be solid players who would be able to get the job done....and save us money to improve other areas.

i expect beason's contract to be re-done soon.

Agreed.

He is now perfect trade bait!

Win for everyone as he would have been cut and wouldn't have made nearly as much on the open market. He is now a viable trade option for teams looking for a RB....NE send us your 3rd....if he stays he is somewhat more affordable than he was before.

Not before next year.  I guess you missed the part about his dead cap space goes from 9.6 to over 14 million if he is not on the roster in 2013. He will be here this year no matter what. 

We could sign woodson for a one year AND extend Hardy next season, if they deem Woodson worthy.

Yes in theory, but you run the risk of Hardy having a ridiculous season in a contract year and hitting the open market....

So let me get this straight, did DeAngelo just take a paycut?

yes, but he also ensured himself a job for the next few years at the same time. 

this wasn't some hurney type restructuring where you just push all the money back so you don't have to pay now but have to pay.  lot more later....this was a legit move to make the cap situation better now and in the future while locking up a very good RB for several years or providing some quality trade bait (which dwill's new contract does).

this just has 'win' written all over it.

What Gettleman has done is allow Barner to get adjusted to the NFL by using him in situations suited to his strength and not having to rely on him to carry  half the load with Stewart.  It also gives us depth if one of our horses go lame.

Not before next year.  I guess you missed the part about his dead cap space goes from 9.6 to over 14 million if he is not on the roster in 2013. He will be here this year no matter what. 

oye...good point there.

i guess he's retiring a panther. I'll take it.

yes, but he also ensured himself a job for the next few years at the same time. 

this wasn't some hurney type restructuring where you just push all the money back so you don't have to pay now but have to pay.  lot more later....this was a legit move to make the cap situation better now and in the future while locking up a very good RB for several years or providing some quality trade bait (which dwill's new contract does).

this just has 'win' written all over it.

Man it feels good to have a real GM. This is great news.

thank you for the clarification

i don't think he took a pay cut this year.  They converted his salary this year and next year into a signing bonus and added 2 years onto the contract for proration purposes. It was hard to tell if they cut it in 2015 given all the numbers thrown around. But I bet he retires in 2015 if not sooner.

Good. No way he could of played with his old number this year.

Very good news...get to keep him and create the same amount of rooms June 1 cut would have made. This was the best case scenario

see? all that arguing over nothing. as i said before, DG knows what hes doing.

i don't think he took a pay cut this year. They converted his salary this year and next year into a signing bonus and added 2 years onto the contract for proration purposes. It was hard to tell if they cut it in 2015 given all the numbers thrown around. But I bet he retires in 2015 if not sooner.

I expect him to retire at the end of 2015.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TwentyAteThree

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts