• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Since some are turning on Cam I have 4 question for you.

I'm sure most of you are in on the secret that the league's rules are designed for elite QBS to take advantage of the limitations placed on contact by defenses.  This allows for the smartest, most physically gifted QBs to score most weeks at will.  Cam's shortcoming is his intelligence.  Maturity to a lesser degree.  This is his year to prove his ability to progress reading defenses, making correct audibles, etc.  It is painfully evident that growth has been limited at best.

I'm sure most of you are in on the secret that the league's rules are designed for elite QBS to take advantage of the limitations placed on contact by defenses.  This allows for the smartest, most physically gifted QBs to score most weeks at will.  Cam's shortcoming is his intelligence.  Maturity to a lesser degree.  This is his year to prove his ability to progress reading defenses, making correct audibles, etc.  It is painfully evident that growth has been limited at best.

Ahhhhhhhhh. The old "intelligence" knock we keep hearing about. Or is that code for something else entirely? Seems to be.

I have watched a few panthers games and I'll still make that statement.

And you don't know what the fug you're talking about so why are you even in this topic???

As soon as you typed "I don't watch a lot of panther Games" it made every thing you say about the panthers Full of poo and pretty much worthless.

Your opinion is dick so you can keep it.

Ahhhhhhhhh. The old "intelligence" knock we keep hearing about. Or is that code for something else entirely? Seems to be.

I've notice no one ever questioned David Carr, Tim Couch, Blaine Gabbert, Jimmy Clausen, and Joey Harrington intelligence.

honestly everyone has a right to their opinion ,and to share it however they wish..

but if you don't actually watch Cam play, you're going to have a very, very different view of him than if you watch him play and listen to the crazy commentary out there on him.

from listening to the media, Cam has been abysmal this year and has been unable to do anything.  But that's not true... at all.  The offense hasn't been good, yet Cam had one of his best seasons going until Arizona took advantage of the fact that Shula can't figure out how to adjust anything in game.  And yes, Cam sucked too in the second half, and deserves some of the blame for that loss.  And that's with us seemingly avoiding having him run...

But this idea that he's washed up, the "next Freeman," worse than Geno smith, needs to be traded to the Browns, or is too stupid to read an NFL defense?  Bullshit, all of it.

I've notice no one ever questioned David Carr, Tim Couch, Blaine Gabbert, Jimmy Clausen, and Joey Harrington intelligence.

Yup. Throw Sam Bradford in there too. He's pretty much the forgotten man in the NFL right now.

People also question Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, and Brandon Weeden's intelligence and decision making. Quit making it about race guys, unintelligence applies to everybody.

People also question Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, and Brandon Weeden's intelligence and decision making. Quit making it about race guys, unintelligence applies to everybody.

Mallett is the only one I really remember getting hit very hard on intelligence, and I recall half of that was anecdotal (but hilarious) stories about scantrons.

I never remember people questioning Schaub or Cutler's intelligence or ability to read defenses, though decision making, yes.  Maybe I'm missing people being astonished at press conferences that they can recall plays and describe reading a defense, but I don't think so.

Haven't heard enough about Weeden to comment either way.

"I don't watch the panther's Game but I have a strong opinion on Cam"

Yeah Buddy I care what you think.

Funny thing is, that's pretty much the average NFL fan. They basically regurgitate what they heard that very day on espn.

Link!!!!

Cutler went to Vanderbilt so I know you are a Liar!!!  Not one person question his intelligence coming out of College.

Not a franchise qb and hasn't shown the ability to lead his team to a win in a close game. Make excuses all you want but it's time to win. Gettleman said the same during the offseason.

Here is the bottom line---If you are making excuses for Cam Newton--justified and legitimate or not---then you actually do not know if he can be a stud QB or not. He flashes and everyone praises Cam, but when he screws up, everyone blames the line or the OC or the coach or the WRs.....Nobody knows how good he can be--nobody.

Cam has a bad offensive line, so we should not expect him to win. So does Peyton Manning. He gets rid of the ball in about 2.5 seconds. He lost his left tackle and he is behind a third string center. They are 5-0 and averaging 40 points a game. What is it that he has physically that Cam lacks? nothing. Cam has the stronger arm, the physique, and the athleticism. Peyton is past his prime. Cam is entering his. Better WRs? Manning made no-name players like Garcon, Collie, etc. better. Nobody griped about his WRs in Indy and his line sucked there. Now he has a bunch of WRs who were nobodies in Denver and he is making them superstars,

Here is the difference. Manning is smarter. He anticipates when the route will come open and he gets rid of the ball. Cam holds it too long. He knows where his offense is supposed to be, but does not watch enough film or have the acumen Manning has to know how the defense will react. So he waits for them to break open. He locks on to Smith and Olsen and misses open WRs all the time. Manning rarely misses the open man. Manning is not smarter by accident; he has a real rapport with his WRs and he studies film religiously. He would tell you that he is a football player, not an "icon and entertainer." Manning is not chummy with his teammates-just like Cam has been, but they respect him because he makes them better. Who does Cam make better? Right now, he is fool's gold. He is going to tease you with his upside and incredible athleticism, but things have come easy for him due to his athleticism.

People have a right to question the QB after the offense has averaged about 12 points a game if you exclude the Giants. joke. They have a right to wonder if the guy sitting by himself, working out by himself, and sulking at press conferences is the team's leader or not. They have a right to question why he is not making everyone else better and why we are 1-3 for the third year in a row. I am not going to apologize for using practical, common sense enough to call a duck, a duck. Like every other player on the team, he will earn his praise. I admire his potential and the flashes. I am not, however, going to sing his praises

Now some will say, "Sure, when you compare him to Manning" as if that is an argument. Manning is the standard. Want to feel better? Compare him to Brady, Brees, Big Ben, even Flacco. Heck, the Bears' line has been terrible and they have had only 1 good WR for years--they were 10-6 last year. Does Cutler run a 4.6? The Seahawks have no great WRs and their line is bad. Russell is not a better QB than Cam, but he is a better leader.

Cam needs to win with what he has. When the defense is holding the opponents to 13 points a game and you are losing, the QB should be questioned.

Preach! You are dead on with your post. I hope Cam can start anticipating some open receiver routes as he progresses. He also needs to get rid of the ball faster.

i guess people don't understand at the qb position if you can read defense you end up a bust.............so with cam not being able to read defenses he just fluked the last 2 years aye???? Then there's the he stares down the receiver thing.....which is bs, we have our own fans in the stadium state that cam goes through his progressions but there isn't anyone open on some plays. Give it a rest guys you don't make it in this league at the qb position off of pure athleticism.

Not a franchise qb and hasn't shown the ability to lead his team to a win in a close game. Make excuses all you want but it's time to win. Gettleman said the same during the offseason.

11ak1du.gif