• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

This is pathetic

My guess is that this paper was by a football player and not a basketball player. The only basketball player that was this stoopid was Tyler Hansbrough and I can't see him writing about Rosa Parks. So this thread is probably in the wrong sub forum.

Oh and #carolinaway.

As presented this paper is unequivocally a lie,yes.My statement was whether it was from an actual student but that doesn't change the lie of the representation of what this paper is.It could still be from an actual student but is presented as a lie.A partial truth doesn't change a lie.

You are getting caught up in semantics.  What we know from Willingham herself is this was a "draft" of a final paper for a unc athlete for a class.  That athlete got an "A" in that said class, now what you have to ask yourself is do you think a student that turns in a "draft" of a final paper like that could legitimately get an "A" in a college level class?  My 8 year old's project on Rosa Parks was better than that paper so could she get an "A" in this college class?

unc's problem has always been "let's just sweep it under the rug" instead of fixing the problem.  The cheating scandal has been going on for years but instead of fixing the problem they simply put their lawyers on it or hire someone in the family to do an "internal investigation".  unc needs to stop deflecting and clean up the program.

You are getting caught up in semantics.  What we know form Willingham herself is this was a "draft" of a final paper for a unc athlete for a class.  That athlete got an "A" in that said class, now what you have to ask yourself is do you think a student that turns in a "draft" of a final paper like that could legitimately get an "A" in a college level class?  My 8 year old's project on Rosa Parks was better than that paper so could she get an "A" in this college class?

unc's problem has always been "let's just sweep it under the rug" instead of fixing the problem.  The cheating scandal has been going on for years but instead of fixing the problem they simply put their lawyers on it or hire someone in the family to do an "internal investigation".  unc needs to stop deflecting and clean up the program.

fug that we're trying to win sports games here.  SPORTS GAMES!!!!

fug that we're trying to win sports games here.  SPORTS GAMES!!!!

That is what the fans that never actually went to unc say.  Now my wife and other friends we have that actually went to the school and got a degree from there don't feel that way.  They don't want their schools integrity tainted.  They don't want their degrees to be the butt of a Duke or State fans joke.  Not to mention unc could actually help these athletes and teach them instead of just giving them grades to keep them eligible.  

That is what the fans that never actually went to unc say.  Now my wife and other friends we have that actually went to the school and got a degree from there don't feel that way.  They don't want their schools integrity tainted.  They don't want their degrees to be the butt of a Duke or State fans joke.  Not to mention unc could actually help these athletes and teach them instead of just giving them grades to keep them eligible.  

Except I did go to UNC.

Dont really see how it taints the school when every football and basketball player recruited by UNC was also recruited by a bunch of other schools.  Cant help the athletes if they dont want help.

I think we should offer them a chance to major in football/ basketball and take classes that would be relevant for them (whether they go pro or try to get into coaching).  UNC isnt going to change the system by raising their academic standards for athletes

Umm, some of the student athletes were so stupid that schools like Klempsum passed over on them.  Dwight Jones????  Was that the WR's name.

You are getting caught up in semantics.  What we know from Willingham herself is this was a "draft" of a final paper for a unc athlete for a class.  That athlete got an "A" in that said class, now what you have to ask yourself is do you think a student that turns in a "draft" of a final paper like that could legitimately get an "A" in a college level class?  My 8 year old's project on Rosa Parks was better than that paper so could she get an "A" in this college class?

This calls into question the credibility of the one presenting it. This raises serious question and doubt of whether it is from a real student at all.

it was not semanatics it was deception.

Umm, some of the student athletes were so stupid that schools like Klempsum passed over on them.  Dwight Jones????  Was that the WR's name.

that's not a true statement.

That's not the way that I remember it.  And I read it on PackPride so it must be true.

like I said...

So, the question then becomes which lies does one accept or reject to either confirm or deny the entire premise of the subject, since you say the OP lied and I say you've also lied.

any more questions? looks like I am out of it and it is down to a 2 way tie.

I think we should offer them a chance to major in football/ basketball and take classes that would be relevant for them (whether they go pro or try to get into coaching).  UNC isnt going to change the system by raising their academic standards for athletes

I agree with the first part of your statement. Let's stop pretending the whole student/athlete thing and call them what they are. "You're here to play football for us and try to make us a bowl contender. If you want to receive a legitimate college education along the way, that's totally up to you."

As far as UNC changing their academic requirements for athletes, the NCAA already did that for all schools a few years ago. The problem became the school's to deal with when the schools began using loopholes and began gaming the system.

The NCAA needs to stay out of the academic business. After all, none of the letters "NCAA" (National Collegiate Athletic Association) has anything to do with academics. Why does the NCAA get to tell UNC, or any other school, what graduation standards for college athletes are? The school decides what graduation standards are for every other non-athlete at the school, how does an outside agency decide how a basketball player graduates?

Except I did go to UNC.

Dont really see how it taints the school when every football and basketball player recruited by UNC was also recruited by a bunch of other schools.  Cant help the athletes if they dont want help.

It's even more sad if you actually went to unc and you are okay with the cheating and fake classes.

Really?  So because a few other schools do it it's okay for your school to do it?  Is that what you are going to tell your kids?  Other kids are breaking the rules so it's okay for you to do it too.  If so that is terrible parenting.  If you watched the Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel you would know that the athletes were given their schedules and steered toward fake classes so I don't know that you can say "can't help the athletes if they don't want help".

This calls into question the credibility of the one presenting it. This raises serious question and doubt of whether it is from a real student at all.

it was not semanatics it was deception.

No it doesn't I gave you the facts of the story.  You know unc had fake classes and gave away grades, the whole AFAM major was a sham.  Mary Willingham(works in Center for Student Success and Academic Counseling, an Advisor in the Graduation division) is an employee of unc and she is the one that has this paper so is she lying?  Why would she lie?  What does she gain from lying?  She has gotten nothing but being harassed and bullied by unc officials and unc fans.  You are what unc's problem are, you deflect and try and discredit instead of taking a good look at the issues and trying to fix them.    

http://www.wncn.com/story/25040470/group-unc-broke-state-law-by-harassing-willingham