• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

Just saw this, so forgive me if anything else has come out... but, it's VERY possible that it could be accusations by an angry/scorned woman, knowing it would potentially ruin things for him. You all do know Floyd Mayweather went to jail for simply snatching a phone out of his woman's hand? Didn't hit her or anything, but that was good enough for assault.

When there is money at stake, thr athlete is put in a vulnerable situation. If this is BS, had Greg just been a washout 6th rounder, no one would even care to press a fake charge on him - again, if that's the case here.

OR

He may have done something in actuality... but, the problem here is interpretation. Doesn't simple assault include "arguing"? Let the facts come out.

I mean you bring up some great points - the details of what exactly happened haven't surfaced yet.  But many, many NFL players and athletes worldwide have signed huge contracts and never dealt with a charge like this.  Why is that?  It was his choice to associate with a woman who would do this to him.  No matter what happened this is a lapse in judgement on Hardy's part, either by who he associates with or what he did.  Time will tell.

• Pie 1

Yeah but all of these are considered misdemeanor in NC:

• Assault on a Female 
• Communicating Threats 
• Assault by Pointing a Gun 
• Domestic Criminal Trespass 
• Harassing Phone Calls 
• Injury to Pregnant Woman 
• Injury to Personal Property 
• Assault Inflicting Serious Injury 
• Assault with a Deadly Weapon 
• Stalking 
• Interference with Emergency Communication 
• Violation of a Protective Order 
• Assault in the Presence of a Child 
• Sexual Battery

Also assault inflicting serious injury I believe is indeed a felony

My bad--- I just want to say I'm waiting on the facts also but....

Girl I'm talking to is friends with Hardy girl an rumor is this isn't the first time this has happened. They he's beat on her before except he never calls the police. This time other people were their when it happened which is why the police were involved.

When the police got their the girl said nothing happened but because of the other witnesses it seems they decided to arrest him anyway.

I have in no way ever met Hardy or his girl. I want to make that clear. That's all I know and it's all rumors so..

well I hope none of this is true, because it will happen again if it is.

Girl I'm talking to is friends with Hardy girl an rumor is this isn't the first time this has happened. They he's beat on her before except he never calls the police. This time other people were their when it happened which is why the police were involved.

When the police got their the girl said nothing happened but because of the other witnesses it seems they decided to arrest him anyway.

I have in no way ever met Hardy or his girl. I want to make that clear. That's all I know and it's all rumors so..

I'll wait for more details and facts to come out, but if what you're saying is true... well, fug.

If true I hope we get rid of him and he attends counseling to get some serious help.

What do the people who have been wanting to run CJ out of town have to say for themselves now?

I certainly don't want to run CJ out of town, but I see virtually no chance that he plays in Carolina next season with the cap hit that his current contract carries.

Though, he's certainly gaining a poo ton of leverage right now.

And @ TheRed, i've never understood the desire to push CJ out... I thi k people have been resentful since he got the big contract. I think we did what it took to keep him and he is still a great player, plus it kept him from becoming a divisional opponent.