• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

Yes, I can explain it. I do it all the time in my humble juijitsu class. I can "choke" a guy slowly enough that he feels the pressure and decided to tap before he goes out (as opposed to ringing his neck with all my weakness 100% from the start. And guess what, if they didnt tap they would go out, and yet there would be no mark.

And yes, thowing someone down "passively" as in, you know...not bulldozing them with all of your brute force, either pushing them yet not full power, or other throwing them (as in a Judo style thow" yet controlling their fall to an extent/

So than maybe this is just a big misunderstanding.  They were just having a drunk jujitsu training session.

• Pie 2

So than maybe this is just a big misunderstanding.  They were just having a drunk jujitsu training session.

Perhaps. Obvious sarcasm is obvious, but the idea that Hardy is innocent ONLY because he was capable of so much more damage than has been "alleged" is the point I am making. I will say again I hope none of this is true, but those thinking that is isnt BECAUSE he "could" have turned her into a wet mess of skin on the floor doesnt mean something didnt occur,

Perhaps. Obvious sarcasm is obvious, but the idea that Hardy is innocent ONLY because he was capable of so much more damage than has been "alleged" is the point I am making. I will say again I hope none of this is true, but those thinking that is isnt BECAUSE he "could" have turned her into a wet mess of skin on the floor doesnt mean something didnt occur,

My only point is the injuries don't match the alleged warrant.

He 'flung her around the room, slammed her on floor and bathtub, threw on couch, and strangled her'.  She has some bruises and scratches.

Also, why does she have an attorney present at his court hearing?  Isn't it up to the state at this point?

I beg to differ on this. You can have your ass arrested if they go to the police and make accusations and show bruises that they got doing something else. Trust me I know this for a fact.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Bruises indicate physical contact.  

The guy stated you can be arrested for domestic violence without physical contact. Whether the contact was done by the defendant or not is a total different statement.  The fact is, the police need 1 of 3 things to make an arrest for domestic violence, that does not mean the defendant actually committed the crime, only that evidence indicates a crime has been committed and the police believe the defendant was the one who committed it.  

1.  Physical evidence.  IE Bruising

2.  Witness. IE someone saw the physical contact

3.  Admission IE he defendant admitted to the assault

That is all.

Sucks that a man or woman would go to the police and show bruising and claim you did that to them and I know it happens.  

The part that really sucks are the men or women that are too scared to report the crimes and endure years of abuse.....too many times the abuse has turned mental and causes the victim to fear consequences.

He 'flung her around the room, slammed her on floor and bathtub, threw on couch, and strangled her'.  She has some bruises and scratches.

Also, why does she have an attorney present at his court hearing?  Isn't it up to the state at this point?

She filed a restrainig order against Hardy. 

Edited by catfang

I dont know aobut her bruises, and all of that sounds suspicious because I pretty much do ALL of those to my fiance every weeklend during our "romps", and she comes out like a champ.

And they say Asian women are weak and dainty.. LOL

• Pie 1

Goodbye Greg.

Joe Person

@JoesephPerson

Judge said both parties were intoxicated night of incident -- Hardy and girlfriend.

Chris Fialko, Hardy atty, says alleged victim was attacking Hardy and his friend and wouldn't leave Hardy's apartment.

Judge described bruising and welts on the victim's back.

Victim's attorney said that Hardy's friend held her down while Hardy called 911.

Stephen Goodwin said his client has injuries from head to toe. She went to emergency room yesterday, has her arm in a sling w/ elbow injury.

Victim's attorney has filed a protective order against Hardy as well.

Arrest warrant alleges Hardy grabbed victim, threw her to the floor and bathtub, slammed her vs. a futon and strangled her.

Per arrest warrant, Hardy said he would kill Holder, a threat “made in a manner and under circumstances which would cause a reasonable ..."

"... person to believe that the threat was likely to be carried out," -- from arrest warrant on Hardy making threats to Holder.

I find it interesting a while back a story about Kaepernick comes out and everyone here has already convicted him with nothing more than breaking news of what happened, yet in this case Hardy (whom we all know is a little bit crazy and that is why so many ride his balls) has an issue come out and its "hey, its alleged and lets wait and see"

Men laying hands on women is an issue that should override team loyalty.

everybody is a lot of people 

Some of the comments I have read in this thread make me embarrassed to be part of this community.

Fortunately, the majority of people here still have some morals and integrity, but too often they are being drowned out by those that apparently never learned much about right and wrong, and what is an appropriate comment and what isn't.

But carry on with your cute little jokes and your generalizations about athletes and the women they associate with if that is the type of thing that makes you feel better or more manly.

You're not alone on that front.  There's a dozen kinds of stupid going on in this thread.

"Can't be true or she'd be dead..." - Yeah, I'm sure the injuries she was treated for are just imaginary.  Maybe she has friends who work at the ER helping her with the set up.

"It's okay if he hit her if she hit him first."  - Size doesn't matter, right?  So what if you're an NFL player and she's just a little over a hundred pounds?  If she looks threatening, you can do whatever you want!

"She's just looking for a payday." - Oh sure.  Lots of girls spend eight months in a relationship just looking for a payday.  And plenty of them get themselves beaten up too.  I mean it's not like they could sue by faking an incident, right?  Guess she must be a method actress.

Some of us actually are waiting for the story to play out.  But there are some here whose version of 'waiting for facts' equates to 'waiting for a spin on the story that exonerates a guy on my favorite football team'.  You don't want 'facts'.  You want Hardy off the hook so he can go back to playing football.  Whether or not he actually did this is of lesser importance in your minds.  Which, frankly, tells me you're not much of a man.  Makes me wonder what your significant other would say if we asked them how you treat her.

There are, believe it or not, more important things in this world than football.  If Hardy is indeed guilty of violence against a woman, I'm not interested in excuses.  He deserves whatever the law - and the team - do to him.  That's all.  No excuses.  No exceptions.  You don't get a pass on hurting a woman because you're rich, famous and athletic.

If he's innocent, good, but not because it means he can keep playing football.  Good because it means he didn't hurt a woman and he's not the kind of despicable lowlife that would do something like that.

The way the story is playing out now, I'd have to say it doesn't look good for him.  Her having treatable injuries (including an arm in a sling) looks pretty bad.  If any of what's being alleged is true, then it's all but a lock that he's no longer a Panther and his best bet is probably a plea bargain and counseling.

• Pie 2

If she is looking to get paid, you would think she would have waited until he got a bigger contract. greed.

Or could have just married and divorced him.  Or come up with a story and faked some minor injuries.

You don't have to risk actual injury - or worse- if all you're doing is setting someone up.

Edited by Mr. Scot