• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup

Ja  Rhule

Fridays/Sats or Sundays and the format of the matches are perfect.

12/3 and 6pm matches. That rocks.

Already taking off early on June 13th for WC.

If anyone is game. Sir Edmund's may be the best place to watch England vs Italy on 6/14. I think that's a 6 pm match. O M G

That place could get rowdy.

You'll find more British guys and Europeans at Jackalopes on 7th. Jacks does it right when 300+ soccer fans turn up for an England game especially during a world cup. Local news station always seems to turn up there given all the fan fervor especially during the first games.

Ive been going there for major soccer tournaments for many years. Pretty much the unofficial British HQ for watching England play. Plenty of big tv's and typical sports bar food,beer,feel.

I like Sir Ed's and I'm very familiar with the place and although I've never been there for a soccer game they really don't have a lot of tv's for an event like this to be successful imho.

Cannot wait.  The one positive about USA and Germany being in the same group is I do not have to take as much time off work since they play the same day.

Anyway, I have a funny feeling that USA is going to beat Portugal.

Cannot wait. The one positive about USA and Germany being in the same group is I do not have to take as much time off work since they play the same day.

Anyway, I have a funny feeling that USA is going to beat Portugal.

I hope so. Would be amazing.

You'll find more British guys and Europeans at Jackalopes on 7th. Jacks does it right when 300+ soccer fans turn up for an England game especially during a world cup. Local news station always seems to turn up there given all the fan fervor especially during the first games.

Ive been going there for major soccer tournaments for many years. Pretty much the unofficial British HQ for watching England play. Plenty of big tv's and typical sports bar food,beer,feel.

I like Sir Ed's and I'm very familiar with the place and although I've never been there for a soccer game they really don't have a lot of tv's for an event like this to be successful imho.

If you're pulling for England there is no better place to watch than Jack's.

I had originally planned on going to Brazil. The guys I wanted to go with went to South Africa in '10. They aren't going to Brazil because they're too worried about the safety. So the guys who had no problem going to SA are too worried to go to Brazil? Yeah ...I'll be in Charlotte with all you idiots instead. Only a few of you make me worried for my safety.

I had originally planned on going to Brazil. The guys I wanted to go with went to South Africa in '10. They aren't going to Brazil because they're too worried about the safety. So the guys who had no problem going to SA are too worried to go to Brazil? Yeah ...I'll be in Charlotte with all you idiots instead. Only a few of you make me worried for my safety.

Brazil is pretty bad right now. That place is a mess.

Archived