• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer season 2014-2015

Ja  Rhule

• 1 month later...

(Didn't know where to put this - I thought about starting an MLS thread, but apparently I can't start topics)

After watching highlights of this past few weeks of matches, I thought, "Damn, they sure award a lot of penalties in MLS." Especially on corners. So I looked it up. Last year, there were 87 penalties awarded in the Premier League. At this point in the MLS season, 84 have been given. So I guess it wasn't my imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

(Didn't know where to put this - I thought about starting an MLS thread, but apparently I can't start topics)

After watching highlights of this past few weeks of matches, I thought, "Damn, they sure award a lot of penalties in MLS." Especially on corners. So I looked it up. Last year, there were 87 penalties awarded in the Premier League. At this point in the MLS season, 84 have been given. So I guess it wasn't my imagination.

But do they call less than the World Cup play? I was watching the Rapids/Revolution game and it seemed like they allow the game to be a little rougher than what I saw in the World Cup.

So it's begun, and for my team has begun in typical Gillingham style. 2-0 up before our two best players get injured and we lose 4-2, all goals from set-pieces including two own goals, 3 goals in 5 minutes! It's going to be a long season but I still think we'll be ok for 14-17th position by the end of the season with this young side.

One positive though - is this the most pleasant pre-game beers in football?! Drinking by a canal and opening/closing locks for passing barges in the Summer sun, a (long) 15-20 walk from the stadium.

post-15526-140768924974_thumb.jpg

post-15526-140768926304_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

So it's begun, and for my team has begun in typical Gillingham style. 2-0 up before our two best players get injured and we lose 4-2, all goals from set-pieces including two own goals, 3 goals in 5 minutes! It's going to be a long season but I still think we'll be ok for 14-17th position by the end of the season with this young side.

One positive though - is this the most pleasant pre-game beers in football?! Drinking by a canal and opening/closing locks for passing barges in the Summer sun, a (long) 15-20 walk from the stadium.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1407689248.998199.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1407689262.281864.jpg

nice!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1407689248.998199.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1407689262.281864.jpg

That's a nice looking stadium! Wish we had something similar to it here in Tampa. The local team, the Rowdies, plays in a converted baseball diamond, and to be honest, it sucks. No seat is really a good one there.

I'd kill to have that pitch to watch, which is why I'm hoping they do it right when the Lions start playing MLS next season.

That's a nice looking stadium! Wish we had something similar to it here in Tampa. The local team, the Rowdies, plays in a converted baseball diamond, and to be honest, it sucks. No seat is really a good one there.

I'd kill to have that pitch to watch, which is why I'm hoping they do it right when the Lions start playing MLS next season.

The stadium is loosely based on US stadiums - where you can watch the game from the concourse in the lower tier while you're queuing up for food and drink. MLS stadia on the whole seem dull, lacking facilities, atmosphere and architecture. The MLS needs more stadia like this or Sporting Kansas, and less cookie cutters like Home Depot, BMO field etc. Starting with a roof around the whole stadium!

Archived