• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA Observations

Zod

Your argument is fair, but kind of like what Zod said, I'd rather reach in round 4 than have none of my second round picks pan out or trade them like years past.

But let's say Kug gets healthy and ends up being a decent guard. Is he still a reach?

I guess that depends on what your definition of "decent" is. Guess I could agree with that. We can only hope.

First and foremost though he is actually going to have to get on the field, and at this point it does not look all that good.

• Pie 1

Zod's not saying to give up on the guy, but it's obvious he's a project in the mold of a Brandon Williams who may get a shot purely because of his physical tools. But expecting him to contribute right away is a huge stretch.

Everyone seams to have missed that we also cut Jasper the same day, not just bond. So it could be that they just want a really heavy body on the practice field with no plans to ever play him.

Gettleman does great in FA though and you don't want to fug up there and overpay. So I'm fine if his only flaw is reaching once or twice in later rounds - like others have stated.

Well good news is we had less people on the bikes than we were anticipating. Really appreciate all the hi-res pictures and updates you give Zod!

We're talking about practice, man.  We're talking about practice.  We're not even talking about a game.

We're not even talking about practice really.  It's a starting point to learn the system and get your feet wet.  I'm not going to throw the towel in on a guy because he has a couple of shitty OTAs.

OTAs are part of tryouts. He hasn't made the 52 man team yet. Chances are if you suck at practice then your going to suck even more in the real game. This is basically like his interview to get a job as a member of the panthers organization. If he sucking this bad at the interview he probably won't get hired. 

Does anybody know when the otas start in the mornings. I am planning on going tomorrow

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

i think they are closed off to the public, and no peaking bc the black cloths on the fences. Go see them when there at Training camp thats open to the public.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle