• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014/15 UEFA Champions League

championsleague.jpg

The 2013/14 UEFA Champions League has come to an end and Real Madrid has been crowned champions of Europe for a record 10th time. Now we move on to 2014/15.

The draws for qualifying rounds is June 23rd and qualifying play begins July 1st. Group stages will be drawn on August 28th and the first group stage games will be played on September 16th and 17th. The pots are as follows:

BwI9qe9IMAALNIQ.jpg

The 2015 UEFA Champions League Final will be played at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, Germany.

olympic-stadium-berlin-juergen-weiss.jpg

I was thinking of making one of these for the Europa League, but then I realized that no one really cares about EL football anyways...

Cool to see the final in Germany, should be a heck of a good stomping ground. Those guys are rabid fans of the sport.

I was thinking of making one of these for the Europa League, but then I realized that no one really cares about EL football anyways...

Cool to see the final in Germany, should be a heck of a good stomping ground. Those guys are rabid fans of the sport.

I actually care about Europa. I watch every competition my club is involved in, so I've learned to enjoy it even when they aren't. I'd definitely participate in that thread.

Should be great.  Hopefully my boys can redeem themselves somewhat after choking on their home turf two years back.

I personally feel that teams that do not earn their league's automatic berths and have to go through a qualification to get in should be in Pot 4 (unless they were champs and their league has no automatic berth).

It could also make group stage a hell of a lot more interesting.

I personally feel that teams that do not earn their league's automatic berths and have to go through a qualification to get in should be in Pot 4 (unless they were champs and their league has no automatic berth).

It could also make group stage a hell of a lot more interesting.

I agree. I have no idea why Arsenal keep being placed in top group.

I agree. I have no idea why Arsenal keep being placed in top group.

It's to do with how successful your team is in the previous 4 years of European competition. That's why it's so difficult for teams like Man City to make an immediate impact in Europe. They always end up in the 4th pot until they can build up their coefficient points (built up by winning in Europe) to be one of the top seeds.

• 2 months later...

Qualification and Playoff stages are nearing the end and we are just over 3 weeks away from group stage draw. I'm really excited for Liverpool to be back in Champions League play. Anxious to see their group.

Yep.  It sucks that games played around 3pm on weekdays :(

Archived