• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group G

Goondal

As you can imagine, I am far from a happy person at this point. That was a lazy performance. Although I knew the second Klose came in that somehow he would tie it.

They looked slow. Final touch was off. Passes were lazy. Counter attack was weak. Not an encouraging performance. Good for Klose though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

They looked slow. Final touch was off. Passes were lazy. Counter attack was weak. Not an encouraging performance. Good for Klose though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Pretty much exactly how I would describe it.  Hopefully this serves as the kick in the pants that they need.

Hopefully not.

Let us kick you guys one more time then wake up. I'd much rather play Algeria/Russia/Korea in the knockout stage than Belgium if we happen to advance.

I will admit, right now I would rather face Argentina-Swiss/Ecuador in the quarters than the French.  And of course not facing the hosts until the finals would be nice.  It would also give the USMNT a really good chance to advance to the quarters.  But failing to beat both Ghana and USA would be very concerning.

Just beat Portugal so Thursday is essentially a fight for seeding.

I would think a draw against Portugal and loss to Germany is better than the other way around.  It would almost eliminate them due to their four goal loss and would mean the only way USA does not move on is Ghana beating Portugal by more than one (or if Germany beats USA by more than one).

If USA loses to Portugal and ties Germany then Portugal would move on if they beat Ghana and Ghana would move on if they beat Portugal by multiple goals.

^ Until, you know, The Germanys, Frances, Argentinas, Brazils, etc arrive. :lol:

USMNT has a good chance at advancing though. How far will they go? That depends on their first opponent out of the group stage. Still, it's an improvement over the last World Cup.

Improvement over the last World Cup? The US finished first in their group.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Improvement over the last World Cup? The US finished first in their group.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

That is true but that was a much weaker group.  I think that any team from this group would have won that group.  Also, a W today means six points.  Even if Germany wins the group with 7 the USA will have a better record against more difficult competition.

Archived