• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DC comics rumored movie plans

scpanther22

Read this over at comicbookmovie last week.

Original report come from Nikki Finnkie who was pretty accurate when she worked at deadline(don't really know about now). I could see all these movies eventually getting made only thing I don't know about is the timeline. That's a lot of comic films in short about of time

DC/WB rumored films

Batman Vs Superman-2016

Shazam-2016

Sandman-2016

Justice league- 2017

Wonder Woman-2017

Flash and Green Lantern team up film- Christmas 2017

Man of Steel 2-2018

Update:

In more huge and completely unexpected comic book movie news this week, Warner Bros. has finally announced its DC slate post-Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The Suicide Squad movie, directed by David Ayer, is planned for release August 5, 2016 with four A-listers currently in talks to star. On June 23, 2017, Gal Gadot will get her own Wonder Woman movie, and later that year on November 23, we'll get Zack Snyder's highly-anticipated Justice League Part 1, for which Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirms will bring "back the cast of Batman v Superman with a cast of other well-known and highly-anticipated superheroes." He continued, "Wonder Woman is an iconic female superhero fans have been anticipating for many years." The announcements don't end there: 2018 will then see the release of The Flash movie on March 23, followed by Aquaman on July 27. Then, Dwayne "the Rock Johnson's Shazam movie will be released on April 5, 2019, following by Justice League Part 2, which Zack Snyder will return to direct for release on June 14, 2019.  And by year 2020, we'll have a Cyborg movie on April 3rd, and a Green Lantern reboot on June 19th.. Also in the works are solo Batman and Superman movies, but they don't have dates.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marvelfreshman/news/?a=109331#Z3420zAOSB2DprFx.99

ugh. WW is gonna suck. rather have a flash standalone before JL or instead of shazam. sandman doesn't really count.

Biggest problem with a wonder woman movie? They'll want to have a short, thin broad that is just not believable. You need a 6' tall woman, with the body of an Olympic swimmer

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Biggest problem with a wonder woman movie? They'll want to have a short, thin broad that is just not believable. You need a 6' tall woman, with the body of an Olympic swimmer

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I don't know how tall Gal Gadot is but I do know she is pretty thin but she could put on some weight for the role.

The problem I hope they avoid with Wonder Woman is turning her into a one note character that is only there to be a feminist icon.

You do Wonder Woman as she was originally conceived (hot chick with superpowers in skimpy outfit) and you anger all the feminists.

You do Wonder Woman like the feminists would want (star of a Lifetime original movie with superpowers) and nobody in your target audience will pay to see it.

So whadda ya do?

I disagree. Why does it have to comic book style? TDK Trilogy wasn't in retrospect and it was highly successful. Wonder Woman is one of those few comic book characters that has a mediocre stable of villains and controversial origin, and yet somehow became a pop culture icon.

They follow the source material in darkness and tone closely. Pulling style and story elements loosely from a few of the darker comics.

Batman: year one is what the first movie is based on.

Then DK was based on man who laughs, killing joke and long Halloween.

Finally rises was based on no mans land and knight fall.

It was just done in a seemingly more realistic fashion. Still very much comic book movies though.

As for the WW movie, plenty of good villains to choose from. WW looses it's style and appeal if done differently. Batman had plenty of dark story-lines that made the trilogy possible in the way it was done.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

You do Wonder Woman as she was originally conceived (hot chick with superpowers in skimpy outfit) and you anger all the feminists.

You do Wonder Woman like the feminists would want (star of a Lifetime original movie with superpowers) and nobody in your target audience will pay to see it.

So whadda ya do?

Make a good action movie with a female lead. fuging simple.

I disagree. Why does it have to comic book style? TDK Trilogy wasn't in retrospect and it was highly successful. Wonder Woman is one of those few comic book characters that has a mediocre stable of villains and controversial origin, and yet somehow became a pop culture icon.

Disagree.  The original Batman comic books as conceived by Batman creator Bob Kane were actually quite dark in tone.  Batman started getting back to his "darkness" after Frank Miller's books hit stores.

Nolan did a fantastic job of merging the comics with 'real world' conditions.

Make a good action movie with a female lead. fuging simple.

With which outfit?

And honestly, I don't think that's so simple.  The list of great actioners with female leads is a relatively short one ("underworld" is probably the best; "Tomb Raider" was awful).  Maybe male action movie directors just don't know how to use female leads.  Regardless of the reason though, you'd still have the controversy.

Me?  I'd just say 'screw it' and do the traditional Wonder Woman without apology.  Controversy isn't necessarily a bad thing if it sells tickets.  Not so sure a big movie studio will go that route though.

Archived