• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA vs GER

Also keep in mind we are supposed to get Altidore back for round of 16. They really need to practice the basics in preperation, be has a majority of our lack of offense was due to bad passes and sloppy ball handling, I agree conditions were terrible, but Germany seemed to figure it out at halftime and weren't really having the same issues. Maybe the rest between now and game will get the team back to looking more like they did most of the game against Portugal.

Belgium is a tough match up for us but I expect them to let us play. Less pace than Ghana. Less disciplined than the Germans.

I was disappointed Klinnsman didn't sub sooner. We should have gone on the attack the last 20 minutes. 

All in all it was a good group stage. We did what had to be done. Let's not piddle out of the tournament. If we lose, lose with style. If we win, win with glory.

Belgium is a tough match up for us but I expect them to let us play. Less pace than Ghana. Less disciplined than the Germans.

I was disappointed Klinnsman didn't sub sooner. We should have gone on the attack the last 20 minutes. 

All in all it was a good group stage. We did what had to be done. Let's not piddle out of the tournament. If we lose, lose with style. If we win, win with glory.

Eden Hazard is rapid. He'll give our defenders fits on the outside.

Lol at Big A attempting to talk about this sport. "Ball-handling"? In a sport where you cannot use your hands? I believe the word you're looking for is dribbling.

Also, stop using shots to make statements on who has been playing a better match. At least make note of possession or shots on target but even that won't tell the story in a lot of cases.

As for the 'basics of preparation' these are the best soccer players the United States has to offer. Men of this caliber have the basics of the game mastered. It's when you play world-class teams like Germany are they exposed for things other than the basics of the game. Germany is a world super-power in Fussball. Expecting to win against them is foolish.

Archived