• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

USA vs GER

I did not mean that Germany would want to score ten goals, I meant that it is just another reason for Ghana to keep scoring in case Germany loses.  If USA wins 1-0 and Ghana scored four against Portugal then they would still move on, not that I expect that to happen in the slightest.

Regardless of how Ghana has done for the year, they look a lot better than Portugal and if they get up early then Portugal is basically done.  Portugal needs to win by four or five, so they are going to be attacking from the start which will leave them vulnerable to giving up an early goal and if they do I could see them mentally quitting while Ghana keeps attacking.  USA is going to need a draw because I do not expect Portugal to help them.

Oh, I know. I was just making an overzealous point that Germany winning by any margin or drawing yields the same result for them.

I don't understand drawing lots. You have a relatively quick way on the field in soccer to break a tie. Why not do a shootout if it comes to that. Get both teams to the site of the next match and settle it on the field (realitively)

I don't understand drawing lots. You have a relatively quick way on the field in soccer to break a tie. Why not do a shootout if it comes to that. Get both teams to the site of the next match and settle it on the field (realitively)

It's not fair to the squad they would eventually move on to play. They'd effectively have to game plan for two different teams.

All you have to understand about drawing lots is that we won't be moving on.

i haven't followed soccerball for very long… are intentional draws commonplace in the world cup in situations like these? seems like it'd be rife with guys trying to sneak shots in when they can

Out and out collusion is unlikely especially as everyone and their mother will be looking for it. However, if the games tied with 15 minutes left to go and Ghana's up in the other match, don't expect either side to be rushing forward to score goals.

Archived