• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 January Transfer Window- Rumors, wishlists, pipe dreams, and more!

DirtyMagic97

Di Maria can play Winger but he's a Central Midfielder. That's where he dominates. Alexis IS more technical but Angel can create his own opportunities. Di Maria tends to play like a headless chicken at times and yet his speed, stamina, instincts and passing are rivaled by very few players in the world. Ronaldo wasn't furious at our front office for no reason. Similar to Benzema, Di Maria's playmaking was an integral part in his success in 2013.

I was watching Angel literally carry United on his back earlier this season before he was switched back to the flanks.

Yeah well, Di Maria is not carrying anyone right now.  In last 8 games he has 2 goals and 4 assists.  In last 9 games Alexis has 7 goals and 2 assists.

If you're gonna pull sample sizes, should we perhaps review 2013's stats from both players? :)

Why 2013? Because only 2013 proves your argument? Because Di Maria was first team starter and Alexis Sanchez was Messi back-up?

No buddy, you can't compare the two in 2013 but you can compare them in 2014 because two are full time starters and play the same position.

Also, Alexis scored again today. Just tho u should know.

Exactly, because Di Maria was an impactful starter for the defending European champions. How impactful? He was named Man of the Match, considered a legitimate candidate for the Ballon d'Or by fans outside Madrid and bought for the wages he demanded by Manchester United after PSG tried to court him.

Alexis was a back up on a stacked squad, Di Maria was not.

Since August 2010, Angel has provided 49 assists in domestic league fixtures (only eight fewer than Lionel Messi). In fact, Di Maria is the third highest assist-provider in major European leagues in the past four seasons. Yeah, Angel isn't a prolific scorer but he created a goal scoring chance for his teammates every 26 minutes on average (91 in total). That's his game. Sanchez will never come close to Angel in that aspect. In addition, his defensive prowess was significantly higher than Alexis' on both tackles and interceptions.

Hey, there was a stretch where Barto outplayed Bitey Sanchez too. Who gives a fug? You are right about one thing. You can't compare 2013 statistics. That's why I'm using four years worth of data. You can stick with your nine games though.

That's great you posted so much but again, you cannot compare the two prior to this year no matter how much u post. Two players showing their true colors right now. Both have limited support and you see the result. I'm sure having Christiano Ronaldo and Benzema as a strikers inflate assist numbers for Di Maria a lot. Manchester United have Van Persie, Roonie and Falcao and u see the result.

NBC, FOX and many others report that Arsenal contacted Barcelona to see if they can get both Dani Alves and Pedro for 30m pounds in January.  There is also good chance of Khedira landing in Arsenal in January.

Pedro

Alexis-Ozil-Chamberlain

Ramsey-Khedira

Gibbs-Koscielny-Chambers-Alves

I can fap to that.

Pedro is a decent goal-scorer, but would you really want to run him up top?

Actually after watching his highlights, he's an amazing passer and great striker.  Might be Cazorla replacement who absolutely fails to score.

Very possible...

Welbeck

Alexis-Pedro-Ozil-Chamberlain

Khedira

Ramsey been struggling this season after his last injury...

Actually after watching his highlights, he's an amazing passer and great striker.  Might be Cazorla replacement who absolutely fails to score.

Very possible...

Welbeck

Alexis-Pedro-Ozil-Chamberlain

Khedira

Ramsey been struggling this season after his last injury...

That'd be a sick attack lineup.

Apparently either Ozil or Cazorla might be leaving Arsenal this January.  If Wenger sales Ozil than he's an idiot.  He's been using him wrong.  Once Ozil slided in the middle, he's a terror but Wenger keeps playing him on the wings for some unknown reason...  Now this makes sense why Arsenal considering move for Pedro in January.  I know Cazorla wants to go back to Spain and Manchester City have interest in Ozil...  Will be interesting January.

Inside source from Managing Madrid. MARCA and Daily Mail did report on it two days ago though.

And I don't see us selling Bale. We might let Hernandez walk and probably sell Benzema.

Not sure if Reus wants to go to Madrid.  I see him staying in Germany for some reason.

Archived