• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 January Transfer Window- Rumors, wishlists, pipe dreams, and more!

DirtyMagic97

Assuming Porto will demand too much for Jackson what other options are there?  I've heard Lacazette's name mentioned.  Here's an idea: what about Firmino?  I know he's labeled a midfielder, but I think he could operate as a striker.  Maybe second striker to Daniel or something.  Firmino is extremely mobile and moves around everywhere, he knows how to score and create goals.  Just an idea.

I still want Carvalho at DM.  Maybe move Gerrard up in a more advanced role. 

I could see Firmino. A lot of clubs are very interested in him, but he lacks consistency. Obviously, that's to be expected of a 23 year old. There are also rumors that Hoffenheim overvalues him by a considerable amount. Would be a good signing if it could done.

Carvalho could be one for the future. I think the issue becomes winning now. Rodgers is definitely in "win now" mode and I don't think he's going to have much money in January. I could see him spending what little money he does have (I'm assuming £25m at most) on one player to supply the team with goals.

I could see Firmino. A lot of clubs are very interested in him, but he lacks consistency. Obviously, that's to be expected of a 23 year old. There are also rumors that Hoffenheim overvalues him by a considerable amount. Would be a good signing if it could done.

Carvalho could be one for the future. I think the issue becomes winning now. Rodgers is definitely in "win now" mode and I don't think he's going to have much money in January. I could see him spending what little money he does have (I'm assuming £25m at most) on one player to supply the team with goals.

Lol Brendan Rodgers is not gonna be here in January

Honestly, I think he will. He continues to have the "no Sturridge" excuse. I think he'll be here until next summer. If we're bottom half, he's gone.

he's gone man.  he should have no excuses for being this bad after having all that money to work with in the transfer market this summer.  this team isn't getting any better, he's lost them imo.  would love to have seen what rafa could have done with all that money.

how much money would BR even be allotted in January when everyone knows he sucks at signing players?

he's gone man.  he should have no excuses for being this bad after having all that money to work with in the transfer market this summer.  this team isn't getting any better, he's lost them imo.  would love to have seen what rafa could have done with all that money.

how much money would BR even be allotted in January when everyone knows he sucks at signing players?

If Liverpool were owned by traditional footy owners, I'd say he'd be fired before January. FSG will give him time I think.

I think at maximum, Rodgers would be given £25m this winter. That's if he can convince FSG that his targets are sure things.

To be honest, unless we do away with Bale, I can't really see us signing Reus (unless he accepts a bench role). We're stacked as it is at the moment. We've got Jesé, James, Isco, Modric, Kroos, and now Asensio. In addition, we're looking to possibly buy back Morata and seeking to sign Chirivella away from Liverpool.

Reus would be an awesome addition but we're getting a tad crowded.

yeah and I can't see Reus taking a bench role.  He's also said he doesn't wanna play for Bayern.  I could definitely see him coming to prem if he moves this window (which I'm not sure he will)

I won't be shocked if Wenger bids for Reus...  Wenger loves injury prone players.

But again... with Alex Chamberlain doing what he does this year, Arsenal has zero need for Reus. 

PS:  I called for Chamberlain to be breakout player for Arsenal this year and I totally nailed it!

Archived