• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Tyler Lockett

Jeremy Igo

Over the next several weeks I will be profiling NFL draft prospects I feel would be a good fit for the Panthers.

Up first...

Tyler Lockett

School: Kansas State

Size: 5'11 - 175lbs

Position: WR/KR/PR

Round Projection: 3 - 5

Tyler Lockett is as close as it comes to being a no brainer for the Panthers if he is available in the mid rounds. Locket is a speedy slot receiver and an accomplished kick and punt returner. In 2014, he averaged 20.1 yards per kick return and 19.1 yards per punt return.

Has the speed to stretch the field over the top. Very quick feet.

If you saw him play against WVU last year, he absolutely put on a clinic. He posted 321 all purpose yards against the Mountaineers between returning and receiving. Flashes like that go a long way in showing your NFL ability.

Reminds me a bit of a kid I wanted the Panthers to draft out of Kentucky a few years back...

Click here to view the article

• Pie 8

Get this guy in here in an NFL training program and he is Randall Cobb reincarnated reimagined/recreated/re-whatever, just like you said. He's got an extremely quick first step and looks to see the field which is what we need in a player that we can get the ball to on short throws and know he's going to be able to make the first man miss most of the time.

Edited by VerticalThreat
  • Pie 2

That stop n' go in the highlight video. WHAT A ROUTE!

That's the kind of thing that translates well in the NFL.

This could could certainly fit in well.

He fills KR/PR and would provide an insane compliment to Philly and KB.

It will be interesting to see his combine numbers, I would love to know just how fast the kid is.