• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official* - Manny Pacquiao v. Floyd Mayweather - May 2, 2015

h0llywood

I do not know the correct forum to place this so I guess it will go in here for now.

I know i know...the fight is 5 years late, both fighters are out of their prime, Pacquiao is on roids, Mayweather is ducking.etc. etc.. now that is out the way, let's focus on the fight.

________________________________________________________________________________________

The latest news for the fight is Bob Arum stating the fight is imminent and the announcement will be made soon.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12254197/bob-arum-says-fight-manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-jr-finalized-next-couple-days

I have a feeling that TMT and TR will announce the fight has been agreed to during the Superbowl. There was over 126 million viewers last year so what better way to market the fight. TR and TMT are all about the $$$ so this would be a no brainer. Although, it can be argued that this is a fight that does not even need any marketing given the star power alone.

I believe that Floyd is the best boxer in the business however Manny is a fighter that will definitely be his toughest fight.

This fight is better late than never. 

So, any boxing fans out there? 

pacquiao-mayweathe_1529957c.jpg

It's late in the game for this match and they are wanting a payday but I'd still watch it. Haven't really watched boxing since Prince Naseem Hamed got destroyed by Barrera and that had to be more than 10 years ago.

Anyone else think Floyd and Manny meeting face to face for the first time at the Heat game the other day wasn't a coincidence? Interesting thought about announcing the fight during the Superbowl....makes perfect marketing sense. 

It's late in the game for this match and they are wanting a payday but I'd still watch it. Haven't really watched boxing since Prince Naseem Hamed got destroyed by Barrera and that had to be more than 10 years ago.

Anyone else think Floyd and Manny meeting face to face for the first time at the Heat game the other day wasn't a coincidence? Interesting thought about announcing the fight during the Superbowl....makes perfect marketing sense. 

This fight is supposed to bring in 300+ million which would shatter every imaginable record.

The contrast in Heavyweights vs. the Welterweights is the speed and stamina v. the brute strength. 

I love both fighters as a boxing fan and this is hard to take sides.

Pacquiao was in Miami as a judge for the Miss Universe contest. What Floyd was doing there I don't know but he does have a residence there. Plus he is almost at every Laker home game.

i've never sat down and watched a fight before. i'll find a place to go watch this one.

probably the last great fight in boxing history.

Great fight? Come on man. This would have been a great fight five years ago. Now, who cares. I know boxing fans will watch but I won't. Had it been done when it should have everyone would have tuned in. They will both still get a fat check but that's all it is and it won't be on my dime.

I went to the Hatton v. pacquiao fight in 2009 and just remember how pissed the British fans were. They were all drunk and can't believe they spends thousands to travel from the UK to watch a 2 round fight. There were more fights in the stands than in the actual event

Archived