• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

The Mirror:

"Manchester United's Gareth Bale transfer plans mean it's curtains for Robin van Persie and Angel Di Maria

Manchester United will off-load Robin van Persie and Angel Di Maria this summer - to make way for the marquee signing of Gareth Bale.

United are preparing to ditch Van Persie and last summer's £59.7million British-record signing Di Maria to shave a massive £500,000-a-week off their wage bill, enabling them to land Bale from Real Madrid.

Bale remains the Old Trafford giants’ top transfer target this summer, and they believe a deal can be struck

Central to United’s hopes of securing the Welshman will be getting rid of striker Van Persie and winger Di Maria, both of whom are on £250,000-a-week.

United will listen to offers for Van Persie this summer, with no plans to offer the striker, out of contract in 12 months, a new deal, with boss Louis van Gaal believing it is time for him to move on.

Di Maria is also on his way, with French big spenders Paris Saint-Germain his likeliest destination .

United would prefer a straight sale, but a season-long loan with a fixed obligation to buy him at the end is a possibility.

The Old Trafford top brass accept they will have to take a hit on Di Maria if they are to offload him to accommodate Bale, with PSG wanting to pay in the region of £45m for the former Real Madrid star."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-gareth-bale-transfer-5698175

best way to make money is to win, including making the Champions League and making a good long run in it. Juve just made a killing this year with their run in the CL. You pay the money to get the players to make that happen, then you'll come out ahead.

Sorry, that's not how it works. Ask PSG.

i don't follow Man U much, but here is a Man U forum on transfers. The Bale thread is up to 77 pages. I read a few pages and some were saying put Bale at center attacking mid like they claim he played for Hotspur.

http://www.redcafe.net/forums/transfer-forum.9/

As for Rooney, i think Man U should move on from him, but I've never liked him much. RvP is awesome but is getting old. As for Di Maria, i like him at left wing and hope Man U lets him go because I'd rather him play for a team i like.

So is Juan Mata now left out?  I could see Bale playing at CAM but they'll have a lot of decisions to make about other plays after that

I know Di Maria has experience playing the 10 but I don't think he's physical enough to play there in prem

What's wrong with PSG? They spent money on players and now they are a great club.

You have to sell to offset what you buy. It's called Financial Fair Play.

Keep posting poo sources on Bale leaving though. I'll be concerned once there's a legitimate paper or site reporting it. 

Archived