• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and Cam Newton in contract talks

bLACKpANTHER

I wouldn't. Give me more. If I'm playing a game that could cause me to die young, be wheel chair bound, or to shart on national TV, I want the dollars. I don't care if the Panthwrs have the best Uni's and worst home field advantage, I want them dolla's.

I hope Cam's end game is to win a superbowl and isn't just to gouge the Panthers for as much $ as possible. That worries me. We deserve a damn super bowl lol.

I hope Cam's end game is to win a superbowl and isn't just to gouge the Panthers for as much $ as possible. That worries me. We deserve a damn super bowl lol.

You're damn right. You and I deserve the right to talk poo about our Super Bowl winning Panthers.

• Pie 1

This is the part I find disheartening

"Then, sources say, if the Panthers’ offer meets Newton’s expectations, he is interested in remaining with Carolina for the long-term."

I mean I am a businessman and am not naive, but this thing could get ugly if Cam's camp wants it to.

Yeah, I don't necessarily understand their logic. 

"So if your initial offer meets our expectations then were cool.  If not, then we as a camp are butthurt and want to look at other teams."

Love of the game ain't gonna cure CTE and dementia. At least with money you can set your family up for life when you die at 55 years old.

The thing about that though is one could take a contract for 10 years, $100 Million with $40M guaranteed up front. Set for life. Plus endorsements. It's not like you need every single penny you can get. $5M and you'd be set for life. $40M and you could have a dozen kids and all them and their kids and their grandkids could be set for life. If they're taught how to save money and not needlessly spend it. It's one thing if you want to have an extravagant lifestyle like Floyd "Money" Mayweather or Johnny Manziel, but if you're smart and low key (which Cam seems to be) then there's no reason you NEED an extra $50M or whatever. Not saying I wouldn't take as much as I can get but if one really really wanted to win, it would not hurt your financial situation by taking less than you're worth.

That's different because their not other ways to make a profit from a regular job. Cam can get endorsements just like Jordan, which could be a larger profit then a NFL contract.

There is NO comparison between the endorsements that Jordan got (and still gets) to the endorsements that Cam has (and can get).

To even imply that there is is utterly delusional.

• Pie 1

Honestly cam is probably pissed that he had Byron bell and Nate chandler protecting him after undergoing ankle surgery. This could get nasty

Wouldn't that piss off any qb?   Gross retires...........and Cam learns that his new LT,  will be the worst RT in the league from the year prior.

It is months later and even I'm still pissed at our original plan for the Oine.     Steelers destroying our Oline and Cam,  with just three people.......while sending 8 into coverage,  to lock down our Subpar WR unit (minus Benji).

The thing about that though is one could take a contract for 10 years, $100 Million with $40M guaranteed up front. Set for life. Plus endorsements. It's not like you need every single penny you can get. $5M and you'd be set for life. $40M and you could have a dozen kids and all them and their kids and their grandkids could be set for life. If they're taught how to save money and not needlessly spend it. It's one thing if you want to have an extravagant lifestyle like Floyd "Money" Mayweather or Johnny Manziel, but if you're smart and low key (which Cam seems to be) then there's no reason you NEED an extra $50M or whatever. Not saying I wouldn't take as much as I can get but if one really really wanted to win, it would not hurt your financial situation by taking less than you're worth.

When you gotta pay Uncle Sam about 45-50% of that, I want as much as I can get.