• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Tolbert Attended DeAngelos Moms Funeral

NJPanthers12

Man, I feel bad about this whole thing... I know people grieve and cope with losses differently, so maybe dwill is just lashing out because he's having a hard time dealing with his mother's death still, and now his release. I've seen people who almost seem to go insane after the loss of a loved one... But, that being said, someone should've helped him filter through all that before he went out and did all this...

Not only does it make him look horrible but he is unintentionally hurting others in the process. I think it's interesting that CJ is the one who retreated the proof of Tolbert going because he takes it personal that dwill is acting like this... Being that CJ lost a loved one recently and did have support from the teammates and front office, he also has to know who showed support from dwill from the inside... So to completely throw everyone under the bus except for hardy, that's hurtful to the guys that were there for him, like Tolbert, and for guys that also lost loved ones this year who didn't make a big scene about it, like CJ. That's why dwill is now coming off as petty and selfish, as though this wasn't about his mom, but him.

This is something that he should have just kept private. No one benefits. D-Will is one of the best Panthers of all-time and we should be celebrating his accomplishments, but instead are talking who went to his funeral and who didn't

Which, sadly, is his own fault.

Gettleman praised him like crazy in his presser.  Calling him a "pro's pro", all of which sounds pretty funny now.

If he'd left well enough alone...

I wonder how Molly must feel now for being given the scoop? It's more like she was part of DWill's grand plan. #used

Well, as a journalist, she COULD have interviewed him first then checked his story.

Interviewed other players.  Asked around to see if any others had attended the funeral or if any other "leadership" had reached out to Williams after his mother's death.

Journalists who are good at their job do that.  Instead of taking one side of a story and running with it.

Unless, of course, instead of a journalist, you are a fabulist.  If you are a fabulist, then I think you're perfectly happy with all the attention you're getting from putting out an incredible (non-credible?) story.

Archived