• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn leaning towards going home to Cleveland

nctarheel0619

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rKYFHRn9Cw

Could not find one for the bills but he did in college

I do remember Spiller going all ham on us two years ago. I Believe he ran for 100 yards that day. I could see him as a cheap alternative to DeAngelo that could contribute on special teams. Sometimes, those performances stay fresh when it comes to FA, ie Mike Mitchell.

Lower tier RB's aren't getting paid much these days either.

Ginn has been a ST ace for most of his career, and his average dropped considerably last season. He is a below average wide receiver, and always has been. I don't see it as any big loss, and I will be glad if we must raise our expectations, even if it's by default.

Ginn isn't the only good return man on the market so calm down.

There is Spiller, Dwayne Harris, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal, Cecil Shorts, and I believe Josh Cribbs are are all free agents that are available for a decent price.

Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin are guys who are going to cost a lot and are probably out of our league but are available as well.

Not to mention there will be some guys who we could draft who could be good punt returners but there is a big risk with having a rookie returning punts.

Also never forget the old phrase " The Answer is already on the roster."

Ginn isn't the only good return man on the market so calm down.

There is Spiller, Dwayne Harris, Jacoby Jones, Eddie Royal, Cecil Shorts, and I believe Josh Cribbs are are all free agents that are available for a decent price.

Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin are guys who are going to cost a lot and are probably out of our league but are available as well.

Not to mention there will be some guys who we could draft who could be good punt returners but there is a big risk with having a rookie returning punts.

Also never forget the old phrase " The Answer is already on the roster."

QFT.  Let's not forget that the only punt returned for a TD by a Panther since 2005 was last season by none other than Philly Brown.  And his stats while returning were just slightly less than Ginns.  He actually had a far fewer fair catch percentage than Ginn.  He just got put into the doghouse for that disastrous muff turned TD by the Iggles.  

Unless they have bigger plans for him as a receiver than PR, I see no reason to not let him have another crack at it. 

Archived