• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Greg Hardy won't be reinstated because he hasn't been disciplined yet

Montsta

Doesn't matter how the law works in NC.....not in this discussion.  That only matters when talking about Greg's legal situation.  We aren't talking about that....

What would happen in another state?  Would it matter?  Sure it would.  Just b/c NC has a quirky law doesn't mean it doesn't matter for Hardy but would have someone in Calif that doesn't have that quirk law....NFL would look at both the same.  B/c the only difference is the quirk....and that really doesn't matter.

It does when you're citing the guilty verdict as "evidence" that he was guilty.

Yeah that's better than him coming back here on a vet minimum. We will be the team that condones wife beaters. Protests and riots will insue. Nfl will force the sale of the team and make them move. When he signs elsewhere "everyone deserves a second chance"

This is what's funny. A person who isn't found guilty doesn't need a second chance, but the media (i.e.NFL live) speaks as if only half the teams will be interested in giving him a 'second chance', and only if there is stipulations in his contract over his behavior. " What a joke. He is guilty in the eyes of the media and the NFL irregardless of not being found guilty. The NFL and media members on their high horses are continuing to embarrass themselves.

I paid attention. I stick with my guess if I was forced to bet MY money on what happened.....and was told I would then have a video feed of went down after I guess? I'm guessing both them did stuff that would have gotten both arrested that night.

and saying something stupid was basically a HUGE part of his charge.

if saying something stupid were legitimately what the problem was and they were both guilty of that then she should have been charged too. That may be what they were trying to get him for (legally) but the reality of the situation is he got in trouble because she said he harmed her and that's what he's being held accountable for by the nfl, the public and that's how she got what she was presumably after all along - her payday.

didn't read the whole thread and i'm not likely to, but hardy wasn't exactly disciplined. he was basically given a $13mil paid vacation with no responsibilities.

How the hell is that being disciplined?

I fully understand that part and you are absolutely right.

My issue is this exempt list is the Guantanamo Bay of the NFL. You get put on it for a year with no hint of a resolution until the trial ends, then his case is dismissed completely and still no resolution and now they say he can't come off before being punished.

They need to take him off the fuging black hole abyss that is the exempt list so they can dish out an appropriate punishment so teams know what they are getting from Greg Hardy the free agent.

This whole thing is completely bogus man.

didn't read the whole thread and i'm not likely to, but hardy wasn't exactly disciplined. he was basically given a $13mil paid vacation with no responsibilities.

How the hell is that being disciplined?

What if you put in the context of future earnings? He has likely lost millions of dollar's from his next contract. For a crime he may have not even committed.

Is that not punishment?

I don't get how hard it is to understand that this isn't like some regular joe construction worker getting a paid vacation. Even if you discount the fact that some of these guys actually enjoy the game and stopping them from doing that for a disciplinary reason (or any reason not related to performance) is inherently a punishment, it's affecting his earning potential. In the same way an employer can't impact an employee's ability to earn if the employee is summoned for jury duty or military reservist duty an nfl employer should not impact a player's reputation or ability to perform in a way that will impact their earning potential. That's a punishment.

What if you put in the context of future earnings? He has likely lost millions of dollar's from his next contract. For a crime he may have not even committed.

Is that not punishment?

I would consider punishment, but here's another argument supporting it not being punishment. Missing last year likely added another year to his career.

Archived