• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin 2014 highlights

philw5289

I want to be excited when I watch this highlight video but all I see when I think of Benji is drops.

Then you are completely missing the picture.

KB went through the drops yes, but he was a rookie, and also our our top target taking on secondaries often by himself. Who else did we have in our WR group that scared defenses, Cotchery? Yeah right. Corey Brown eventually came in, but he had to find his groove.

For Kelvin to come in as a rookie and put up 1,000+ yards and 10 TD's as our top WR threat as a rookie is damn impressive.

If anything you should be thankful, not talking poo about the guy. Especially considering the fact that he is only going to improve, and he is still on a rookie contract for the next 3 seasons. When you combine him with Cam Newton, there is plenty to smile about.

Nice video btw.

Couldn't even get 1 page without someone bashing him for drops, gotta love this place.

Benji was a huge reason why we were even relevant last season. It was no secret that Benji had drop issues coming out of college, so to think he was going to come in and catch everything is being a bit unrealistic.

I was excited when we drafted him and I can't wait to see him put on a show again this season. Now if only the Panthers would properly address the second wide out position we could be on to something.

I. Don't. Care.

Call it whatever the hell you want but I'm not impressed. I guess I'm a guy who desires the simpler aspects of football. You know, like holding onto first downs and NOT stalling crucial drives? Yes, there are some 'wow' moments with KB but I don't care much for garbage time stats. I want to see Benjamin be consistent. The rookie excuse isn't going to hold up with me. Both Beckham Jr and Evans performed much better than Kelvin last season.

So, no, I won't be thankful. That'd be settling. Benjamin set the tone early for all rookie WRs but he clocked out half way through the season.

Flame away, Huddle. My stance on Benji's rookie campaign was one of disappointment.

I admit that both Beckham Jr and Evans are damn good, but referring to them as "much better" like KB is a scrub unworthy to even be in the same conversation just shows how flawed your opinion of the kid is. Rookies experience ups and downs.

I'm not making excuses for his drops, but if your entire argument is based on "KB, WHY U NO CATCH FOOTBALL, I'M SO ANGRY ARRRRGGHHHH" while ignoring all the variables of the situation he walked into as a rookie, then you need to take another look.

I. Don't. Care.

Call it whatever the hell you want but I'm not impressed. I guess I'm a guy who desires the simpler aspects of football. You know, like holding onto first downs and NOT stalling crucial drives? Yes, there are some 'wow' moments with KB but I don't care much for garbage time stats. I want to see Benjamin be consistent. The rookie excuse isn't going to hold up with me. Both Beckham Jr and Evans performed much better than Kelvin last season.

So, no, I won't be thankful. That'd be settling. Benjamin set the tone early for all rookie WRs but he clocked out half way through the season.

Flame away, Huddle. My stance on Benji's rookie campaign was one of disappointment.

mj-laughing.gif

Archived