• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Morgan hints at meeting with the Panthers

Sam Mills Fan

Tea leaving, huh....

He's a legit DE/pass rusher/football player. He's around the QB cause I've seen his name among leaders in hurries, pressures, QB hits etc. Plus he had a few PDs, that's impressive given he's not 3-4 LB. Former first rounder too, he's got talent.

I don't think the panthers need DEs, they have 5 solid nfl ones. But dave going dave.

He's only 26? Perfect Hardy replacement. The only problem I see is we like for defensive ends to be able to play DT which I don't think Morgan can play.

No but Ealy can. Not every DE needs to be able to, we just need a package of players that can make that alignment work. And Morgan would help.

Compare his sack total to Greg Hardy's over his first 4 years--not a lot of difference. 

Hardy had the one 15-sack season, but when I saw that season, I saw a lot of weaker OTs giving him multiple sack games.  I also saw several sacks he was given where he was not the first to pressure the qb. 

I think they are looking LDE, by the way, at least eventually. 

Are you really comparing Derrick Morgan to Greg Hardy?

Archived