• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get it together guys...

Gucci Mane

The superbowl isnt won in free agency. Teams overpay for team needs during the FA frenzy and are often left crippled by rash decision making (see miami in a few years). Your first objective in any season is to win the division because if you do that then you have a shot at the superbowl, so you base your team needs around that aspect first and foremost. We have had a good enough team to win the division the last two years and offensively we do not have a "stellar" unit. What does that mean? it means we dont have to sign Murray, Thomas, Johnson, and Maclin in order to reach our goal. Why overpay when you can let the market deflate and find solid players to provide position-wide competition?

I personally trust Gettlemans every move and will continue to do so until proven otherwise. I would advise you all to do the same and quit thinking we need to sign big-name players year after year.

Last season a lot people were upset over signing Cothcery, Avant, DeCoud, Harper, Cason, Dickson, and the fact we went into the season with Bryon Bell and Nate Chandler as our tackles. They weren't exactly wrong about the signings. I just think there's not much we could do last year or this. Possibly not signing a few players, and maybe resigning a couple we lost. Maybe trying a little more to find a tackle, possibly a trade? We're just in bad spot the last couple of years, and not much can be done to get us out of it without foresight.

I agree that you can manage your salary cap a lot easier with good drafts plus wise investments in FA. I trust GMan because so far it has worked out. We don't know there might be a player we don't know about that is in the works for a trade or about to be cut that we are looking at. We haven't over paid so far.

I agree that you can manage your salary cap a lot easier with good drafts plus wise investments in FA. I trust GMan because so far it has worked out. We don't know there might be a player we don't know about that is in the works for a trade or about to be cut that we are looking at. We haven't over paid so far.

Maybe we'll find gold like the 2013 signings. We sure as hell didn't in 2014.

Archived