• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Teddy Williams Signs With Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Chargers had the #1 defense and #1 offense one year and missed the playoffs.

You know why? Because they had a historically bad special teams.

Great point there. I forgot how good the chargers were statistically that year and guess who their defensive coordinator was?

Chargers had the #1 defense and #1 offense one year and missed the playoffs.

You know why? Because they had a historically bad special teams.

I remember that.

Makes you wonder how different our record last year might have been with better special teams.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Special teams ace... remember Gettleman & Rivera said we were changing our ST personnel approach?

so we got Ginn and this guy so far. Ginn can return and this other guy can possibly chase down an opponent if he gets past our initial head hunters?

where oh where is Jordan Senn? he was ST captain and we just let him disappear.

I know Ginn's price tag was too much and understand why we didn't match 'zona's offer and it was smart not to, because we get him back at fair value and he's got some good history and repoire with us.

speed is great, it is highly coveted and I want as much speed as we can get, I just can't stand having so many niche players that are too highly specialized.

not to mention that this guy is getting way more $ than we should be offering special team aces who are supposed to be track stars after coming off Achilles injuries.

highly questionable move Getts, I need to know more about the plans for this guy before I feel good about the transaction.

so we got Ginn and this guy so far. Ginn can return and this other guy can possibly chase down an opponent if he gets past our initial head hunters?

where oh where is Jordan Senn? he was ST captain and we just let him disappear.

I know Ginn's price tag was too much and understand why we didn't match 'zona's offer and it was smart not to, because we get him back at fair value and he's got some good history and repoire with us.

speed is great, it is highly coveted and I want as much speed as we can get, I just can't stand having so many niche players that are too highly specialized.

not to mention that this guy is getting way more $ than we should be offering special team aces who are supposed to be track stars after coming off Achilles injuries.

highly questionable move Getts, I need to know more about the plans for this guy before I feel good about the transaction.

We need specialized players so our starters don't get hurt on special teams. Our special teams cost us one game against the Vikings and hurt us plenty of others to a lesser extent. I just hope we have special team players who can contribute as a successful back up when called.

• Pie 1