• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

dswofford

And he wasn't going to have it any other way.

PHOENIX -- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made it clear on Monday that it was his decision not to try to re-sign defensive end Greg Hardy, now a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Whose call would you think that would be?'' Richardson told ESPN.com at the NFL owners meetings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12544947/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-my-call-not-keep-greg-hardy

I don't like distractions in business either. Sorry if it's unpopular, and I know Greg is a terrific talent. But I don't like people that interrupt my status quo in my business life either.

Regardless of a dismissal - the distraction created by the surroundings he made for himself are going to cause an old school NFL owner to get pissed.

I don't think many doubted that he had influence if and when he wanted to - the guy's the owner.  I think people are mistaken at how often he inserts himself into the process, which is likely only in rare cases like this one.  Maybe he did it more in the past, but those days are clearly over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Looks pretty good, Nash Jensen is another guy who can compete for a backup spot. Best case scenario would be to draft a starting caliber C and have Corbett backup all 3 inside spots. 
    • Thank you, I’m hoping Bryce, Canales, and this new Oline works out. If Bryce becomes a franchise QB then even regardless of our record I will be very happy.
    • Thanks to BC's versatility and the addition of Nijman as a swing OT, the costs we have spent on the OL may save us a roster spot.  First, Brady Christensen has played OT and OG for Carolina, and he has always been a notch below average, according to PFF.  Last season, they talked about giving him looks at center, but his injury prevented that from happening.   Most of his experience here is at G, but he also has swing OT abilities.  Nijman is an excellent swing OT, an important addition that gives us Ekwonu insurance and depth at both T spots.  If you consider Cade May has been mentioned as the new backup Center behind Corbett, then he also has the ability to play 3 positions.  Here is how you have solid depth three deep and you do so with better and fewer players.  In the past, the OL has been a madhouse when a lineman goes down--we had 2.  It seems we had someone new in the game every week.  The OL needs to know the system and they need to communicate.  If I were coach, I would carry 8 total OL on the 53-man roster, saving at least one roster spot, and I would feel confident that I had depth on three levels.  Here is what it would look like: (I would keep Zavala on the PS to begin the season--he needs it)  Green indicates a free agent addition