• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claim OT Jonathan Martin

jamos14

Seems to be alot of similarities between the pro-Hardy and anti-Martin crowd and vice versa.

But me down for anti both.

Martin IMO had more to do with the Miami drama than Incognito. " Bullying" however is a fun thing for the media. Read all Martin's text and he just seems mentally unstable.....not a victim

• Pie 1

This was a good move by Gettleman. I liked Jonathan Martin when he was coming out of Stanford. He hasn't really found a place to stick yet and the Panthers can potentially be the right fit for him. What he does well is he is a absolute mauler in the run game. 

WTF??!?!?!

All of the Internet Heroes in this thread have assured me that young Mr. Martin is soft as a marshmallow.  That all those years he played and dominated in one of the best college football conferences in the country, he was allowed to play using powder-puff football rules.

Surely you must be mistaken?

• Pie 2

But me down for anti both.

Martin IMO had more to do with the Miami drama than Incognito. " Bullying" however is a fun thing for the media. Read all Martin's text and he just seems mentally unstable.....not a victim

Yet, his former college coach who presumably knew him very well snatched him up very quickly when he became available.  That's about as strong of an endorsement of Martin as I can imagine.

I would've rather had bell as a backup, as well. He was a known quantity to us. not starter material but more than capable to spell someone

A guy who graded consistently lower than Martin...

Made twice what Martin makes...

You would rather have that guy over Martin.

Well, I guess we can count out logic and reason as one of your strong suits.

• Pie 7

Justin Thundar Reardon · Top Commenter · Film Director at Station Film

This is a great pick up only if you have never seen Martin play. All bullying jokes aside-- he gets manhandled and pushed around. It's a fact. I watched him play for the Dolphins and he was terrible. He was a 2nd round pick and eventually lost his job on a line that gave up 58 sacks in one season. I saw several 49er games with Martin getting used. I'm reading some of these comments referring to Martin as being solid depth. Martin is anything but solid and will not make your team.

Not very reassuring. I don't think I have seen him play so I cannot say but it's also a strange coincidence that his issues about bullying came out at a time when he was not playing well.

Out of 80 NFL OT's, PFF has him rated 70th in run blocking, 75th in pass protection, and 76th overall. he has given up the most amount of hurries of any tackle in the entire league.

he's not solid for anything...i'm a niner fan, and i usually try and find the positive in any player, but there were not very many solid moments for him last year. his 2nd or 3rd start of the year last year, he did ok in, and after that, just terrible. only reason he saw any field time last year was because of so many injuries. thank your lucky stars if martin doesn't play a down in 2015 for you...means your oline is healthy and playing somewhat well. and if he does play, means cam is running for his life

A guy who graded consistently lower than Martin...

Made twice what Martin makes...

You would rather have that guy over Martin.

Well, I guess we can count out logic and reason as one of your strong suits.

Bell was bad cuz he was asked to do too much. He would be a fine backup. And I'm more reasonable and logical than most of the irrational people on this forum.. which is why I refrain from taking personal shots at people

• Pie 1

Bell was bad cuz he was asked to do too much. He would be a fine backup. And I'm more reasonable and logical than most of the irrational people on this forum.. which is why I refrain from taking personal shots at people

Do too much?  What the heck do you mean by that?

You realize that even as a backup he actually has to put a hand on the pass-rusher when he's in the game, right?

• Pie 3