• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Five teams that won't return to the playoffs

Toker Smurf

Of corse I can, the only team with a losing record in there. The only team in there that has massive cap issues. The team that didn't belong there last year...the Panthers. And we probably won't belong there this year either, nothing's changed.

That said, I think this is the last year we will suck. 2016, our stars will settle in with new contacts and we will be out of cap hell. Not to mention Gettles' draft picks will begin to bloom. Light at the end of the tunnel JR and Hurney put us in, in 2010...finally.

I understand why we are on the list after all we barely made the playoffs last season. The Falcons arguably will get better and the saints could with all of their draft picks they acquired. Even the Bucs have a solid chance of improving thier team.

All we have signed is special team players or players cut from other teams. Personally I believe we will make the playoffs but I'm a homer.

Of corse I can, the only team with a losing record in there. The only team in there that has massive cap issues. The team that didn't belong there last year...the Panthers. And we probably won't belong there this year either, nothing's changed.

That said, I think this is the last year we will suck. 2016, our stars will settle in with new contacts and we will be out of cap hell. Not to mention Gettles' draft picks will begin to bloom. Light at the end of the tunnel JR and Hurney put us in, in 2010...finally.

I disagree.  The team belonged there last year.  They won convincingly against the cards and gave a decent battle on the road in Seattle.

They have these articles every year.  Not surprised.  But this year's team is going to dash that scorecard.

Except, we won the division the past two years and didn't lose arguably our best player from last year (Saints/Graham), get a new coaching staff (Falcons) or will not be starting a rookie QB (Bucs).

This is seriously a re-hash of last year's criticism. Only with us having a great 2014 draft and the other teams in our division not getting any better (or like NOLA, significantly worse).

Tampa will likely be much improved if they draft JW, but he'll still be a rookie and rookie's rarely lead teams to the playoff promised land. 

I think the media has picked the Saints and Falcons to finish ahead of us every year for about a decade straight.  It's certainly nothing new.  It's as if the media thinks every other NFCS team has the ability to improve while the Panthers are bound to be worse than they were the previous season.  It's weird.

Archived