• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite (or Worst) Live Performance of Any Band?

Arroz con Panther

Best: That 1 Guy, Tool, Cypress Hill, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Pantera, SCOTS, and Cutthroat Shamrock.

Worst: Social Distortion, Rob Zombie

Rob was worst? Damn he's always been known for his live shows. I've wanted to go to one but haven't yet.

some of my more memorable shows:

The Roots - Bonnaroo 2003. They were touring for Phrenology (which I was way into at the time) and I was indulging in the goods at Bonnaroo. Incredbile show.

The Avett Brothers - Attucks Theatre, Norfolk VA June 2008.  The first time I saw them. Small theater, like being in a living room. Met the guys after the show and they couldn't have been nicer.

Alice Cooper - Greensboro Coliseum 2014. Opened for Motley Crue and absolutely stole the show. I wasn't even too familiar with Cooper until this show, but it was one hell of a performance.

More disappointing shows:

The Pixies - 2012(?) Greensboro, War Memorial Auditorium. They were doing their Doolittle tour. The band sounded good, but it felt like they were totally going through the motions. Weird vibe too, the crowd was just standing around and the ushers wouldn't let people into the aisle.

Motley Crue - 2014 Greensboro Coliseum. Loudest concert I've ever been too. Couldn't really make out too much of the music because it was so loud. It wasn't terrible, but I was ready for it to end about thirty minutes in.

Hands down the best show I've seen was Govt Mule opening for Primus.  I went to see Mule and left a huge Primus fan.  Les was getting ready to hit an encore and he said "do you want beavers or puppies?"  Right then some idiot threw a shoe and hit him in the face which prompted Les to leave the stage. I saw the shoe thrower get his ass kicked. I've never seen a show live that sucked by any band with a big name.  I did borrow a pixies live dvd that was the worst crap I've ever seen/heard.  I thought I liked them, I was wrong.

Good thread. 

Craziest: Gwar back in like 2005 in Charlotte

I'll never forget going to Bonnarroo back in 06'.  Radiohead & MMJ were everything I hoped for (first time seeing both of them live). 

Hands down the best show I've seen was Govt Mule opening for Primus.  I went to see Mule and left a huge Primus fan.  Les was getting ready to hit an encore and he said "do you want beavers or puppies?"  Right then some idiot threw a shoe and hit him in the face which prompted Les to leave the stage. I saw the shoe thrower get his ass kicked. I've never seen a show live that sucked by any band with a big name.  I did borrow a pixies live dvd that was the worst crap I've ever seen/heard.  I thought I liked them, I was wrong.

i forgot about gov't mule and primus. seen each band twice and loved it. primus sucks, btw. :)

i also forgot about rush. seen them a couple times as well. fantastic show. one of the times i saw primus was when they were opening up for rush. as a bass player, it was hard to top that night.

I'm jealous. I saw Govt Mule along time ago. Primus would have just sweetened the deal.

Archived