• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite (or Worst) Live Performance of Any Band?

Arroz con Panther

I was inspired by a thread on Reddit asking a similar question.  What is your favorite (or worst) live performance of any band?

I listen to some odd music, so mine probably won't be too well known, but I'm interested in what you guys have seen live.

Good Performances

In recent years, Flogging Molly, For Today and Eric Church (and I'm not a country music loving guy).

Aerosmith was my first concert, so they have to get an honorable mention.

Bad Performances

Toby Keith (because he was way too smashed) and I was highly disappointed by The Chariot.

So, what say you?

I went to the Slayer concert in Charlotte (The Fillmore). They had Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus play before them. It was excellent, but the best part was the amount of songs Slayer played. 21. The most I've really heard of them doing in a while.

Setlist:
World Painted Blood
Postmortem
Hate Worldwide
Die by the Sword
Chemical Warfare
War Ensemble
Mandatory Suicide
Necrophiliac
Spill the Blood
Hell Awaits
At Dawn They Sleep
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Disciple
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
Psychopathy Red
South of Heaven
Angel of Death 

I can only imagine them in their younger days (1986 or so). I imagine the concerts were less "sane" back then, to say the least. Haha. It was my first concert, and I really enjoyed it.

Best...

1) AC/DC

2) Karikatura

3) Fiona Apple

4) Trans Siberian Orchestra

5) George Strait

Worst...

1) Drake

2) Maroon 5

3) Kendrick Lamar

4) Jason Aldean

5) Motley Crue

I live for music, it's my life. I co-own an audio company and as a result have gotten stage passes to a lot of shows. I've been to over 150 concerts covering pretty much any genre imaginable. I listen to everything and anything.

My list is based strictly on live performance and has nothing to do with my personal listening preferences.

Add...

Taylor Swift is still my personal all-time favorite concert. Mostly because my girlfriend and her best friend fuged in my truck on the way home. Nearly 2 hours of chicks moaning, making out, fondling boobs and munching down on each other. They were so fuging wasted.

I was inspired by a thread on Reddit asking a similar question. What is your favorite (or worst) live performance of any band?

I listen to some odd music, so mine probably won't be too well known, but I'm interested in what you guys have seen live.

Good Performances

In recent years, Flogging Molly, For Today and Eric Church (and I'm not a country music loving guy).

Aerosmith was my first concert, so they have to get an honorable mention.

Bad Performances

Toby Keith (because he was way too smashed) and I was highly disappointed by The Chariot.

So, what say you?

Eric Church is badass live!

Haven't been to ton of shows but so far

Best:

Mayer Hawthorne ( At the Orange Peel)

Bruce Springsteen

Michael Buble

Worst:

Bob Dylan( He played a show at UNCC and was terrible, but he is like 200 yrs old)

Gwar( It was seriously retarded)

Best:

Mid-90s Marilyn Manson

Eric Clapton

Alice in Chains (original vocal)

Early 2000 Staind

Early 2000 Tool

Sevendust (don't even like this band)

Late 90s Metallica

Soundgarden

Cold

Gwar (not for the band)

Otep

Pantera

Worst:

Orgy

Shinedown

Eagles

Any country concert (Garth, Collin Ray, Vince Gill)

Incubus

Slipknot (like them, suck live)

Union Underground (like them, suck live)

The best concerts are ones with raw instruments and sound just like the album. That's true talent. Best bands for that was Old tool, old Staind, and soundgarden.

Can't wait for Carolina Rebellion I can finally see Korn and Slayer for the first time. I want to see how Manson does this old and Breaking Benjiman.

Worst:

Orgy

Shinedown

Eagles

Any country concert (Garth, Collin Ray, Vince Gill)

Incubus

Slipknot (like them, suck live)

Union Underground (like them, suck live)

Some interesting bands here.  I'm surprised at Slipknot, Incubus and the Eagles.  Were they just boring or what?

The best concerts are ones with raw instruments and sound just like the album. That's true talent. 

Couldn't agree more.

Archived