• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Tillman, CB aka "Peanut" signs with Panthers

mc52beast

I don't buy that it ends our shot at Jennings.

For one, there's still options to clear additional cap if needed

Other than extending Cam which is probably not happening any time soon there aren't really any options to clear cap space that don't involve restructuring and pushing money into the future which Gettleman has already said he is against and is what got us in this cap mess in the first place. He's not going to touch CJ's contract and extending TD into his mid 30s is not smart when he can just wait until after the season to see if he loses anything with age.

Jennings would likely take around $4-5M in space and that would put us well under Gettlemans preferred buffer zone even when you factor in Williams coming off the books soon.

I assume those of you claiming this is a lot of money have the contract terms and are 100% sure the 3mil is guaranteed.

Cuz there's no chance a 34 year old corner, coming off two bicep tears in a row, would have any sort of incentives built into the deal.

$3.05 mil doesn't necessarily mean $3.05 mil against the cap, right?

Regardless, I like the signing. It's 2.12% of our total cap--and yeah, like 75% of the available space lol. But I'll take him at the price of slightly above average player salary.

Getts gettin it done. With a solid draft this team might look like one that's ready to make a run. Real talk.

Archived