• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FBGP's Inside the War Room - Carolina Panthers

FootballCzar

I never understood the Gabbert hype, but yeah, I thought Locker had the potential to be a poor man's Favre. Unfortunately for the Titans that didn't work out in large part due to the fact that while Favre was the NFL iron man, Locker was seemingly made of glass.

But is a 'poor man's Favre' a top 10 type talent?

Yes. Without much question Locker had the talent to be an above average starter and because of the importance of the QB position that is top 10 worthy.

Basically this.

QB is the one position that skews draft values.  Basically, if you don't have a franchise QB and you're on the clock and you think there's a potential franchise QB on the board, then you pretty much have to take him.  If you have a franchise QB in the NFL, you can compete.  If you don't, you can't.  It's pretty much that simple.

Locker definitely had intriguing talent.  Great arm and showed great moxie.  The big question mark was his accuracy, which to be fair is a huge question mark.  Honestly, I think he might could've turned into something if he could've stayed healthy.  Guess we'll never know.

Archived