• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jennings to the Phins?

DelhommesTheMan

He played four teams against one another and trolled them all. Got the money he wanted and all the rest is bullcrap. South Florida gets all the dregs of society, not a very safe "family emviornment". but not for him to worry, he can afford to live in Coral Gables or Boca Raton with high fences and the best security systems. Now Greg Jennings...just go away.

Seriously, Im not sure I can get over the pushing someone down the stairs thing, but DGB may be our one shot at landing a true #1 that could supplant KB into what I believe will be his natural and most productive position as a monster possession receiver, automatic red zone go-to man and road grater for the rushing attack.

That is the true first round draft pick that could make our offensive attack be able to score at will.

It would be the perfect timing and the perfect weaponry with a peaking defense and a just good enough line to give us a true shot to win in a shootout.

...and the pipe dream drifts away just like Dwayne Jarrett, except DJ actually made it on our roster and I know DGB wont. sigh

We can't draft DGB. Not even because of moral reasons, but because what happened with Hardy is going to be the new normal in the NFL. If he gets arrested for DV then he is going to go on the exempt list until the case is resolved in court which could be a whole season then he would get suspended for at least 6 more games on top of that. It's just not worth the risk to spend any high pick on someone with DV history.

We can't draft DGB. Not even because of moral reasons, but because what happened with Hardy is going to be the new normal in the NFL. If he gets arrested for DV then he is going to go on the exempt list until the case is resolved in court which could be a whole season then he would get suspended for at least 6 more games on top of that. It's just not worth the risk to spend any high pick on someone with DV history.

I pied you because its the truth. I so believe in second chances and Lord knows Im not perfect. It just really hits the feels 'cause this guy's talent is exactly what this team needs. Just have to hope the term Good Guys finish last is replaces with divine grace for moral fiber...speaking about the Panther's Franchise and life as we know it in general.

Something I wish more people understood...

Gettleman thought it was.

Did he?

Maybe he just wasn't comfortable with that amount considering our current cap situation. That doesn't mean Jennings isn't worth that amount. Or maybe we offered the same but Jennings would rather play in Miami.

$4 mil per is not a bad deal for a #2 WR

No state taxes in Miami. South Beach. He's played in really cold weather towns his entire career. He's comfortable with Philbin who was his OC in GB for a while. Tannehill is a constant improving 4k passer, he has Jordan Cameron, Landry, Stills next to him.

As for Miami, we add a vet to the WR room which we needed, he had 700 yards and 6 tds last year with a rookie and no weapons around him. It's basically a 1 year 4mm deal, which is not "over paying" for a #2 WR. 

And from what I hear, this does not take us out of the running for a WR in round 1. We are very much in love with a couple guys, and if they're there, Jennings in his twilight on a (basically) 1 year deal, will not stop us from getting our future WR to pair with Landry, Stills for Tannehill. 

No state taxes in Miami. South Beach. He's played in really cold weather towns his entire career. He's comfortable with Philbin who was his OC in GB for a while. Tannehill is a constant improving 4k passer, he has Jordan Cameron, Landry, Stills next to him.

As for Miami, we add a vet to the WR room which we needed, he had 700 yards and 6 tds last year with a rookie and no weapons around him. It's basically a 1 year 4mm deal, which is not "over paying" for a #2 WR. 

And from what I hear, this does not take us out of the running for a WR in round 1. We are very much in love with a couple guys, and if they're there, Jennings in his twilight on a (basically) 1 year deal, will not stop us from getting our future WR to pair with Landry, Stills for Tannehill. 

Take Gurley and win the division please. 

Archived