• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Avengers: Age of Ultron Review

Jeremy Igo

Well, they did what I feared. They introduced new characters at such a pace there was almost zero character development therefore I didn't give a crap about them.

The movie just got too big and lost site of the most important part.... The story.

It isn't a bad movie, but it isn't a good movie either. I loved the first avengers and loved captain America 2 even more.

This movie wasn't up to those levels. I'd put it on the same level as the first Thor movie. Watchable for the action and effects which is fun for a summer movie, but not much else.

Spoilers

The Vision fell flat. Yawn.

It's hard not to picture James Spader when Ultron is talking.

X-men version of quicksilver was much better.

Part of my problem, I think, is that I just never really liked any of the Avengers... even in the comics... Hulk was okay, but:

Thor - some god from another realm with a dumb outfit and a magic hammer

Iron Man - a cocky rich prick

Captain America - kinda jingoistic tbqh

Hawkeye - okay, he is pretty cool but his outfit is stupid and the movie kinda made him irrelevant, plus his weaponry is a little dated

Black Widow - meh

Part of my problem, I think, is that I just never really liked any of the Avengers... even in the comics... Hulk was okay, but:

Thor - some god from another realm with a dumb outfit and a magic hammer

Iron Man - a cocky rich prick

Captain America - kinda jingoistic tbqh

Hawkeye - okay, he is pretty cool but his outfit is stupid and the movie kinda made him irrelevant, plus his weaponry is a little dated

Black Widow - meh

Hawkeye has a more prominent role in this movie.

I've always found Thor a strange choice for a super hero. He's a major figure in Norse religion. To me it's kind of like making a comic book super hero out of Jesus Christ, that walks on water, has a healing factor, can multiply food and turn water into wine. 

Wouldn't it be kind of sweet if they made a super hero that could kill bad guys by turning all of the water in their bodies to wine?

I've always found Thor a strange choice for a super hero. He's a major figure in Norse religion. To me it's kind of like making a comic book super hero out of Jesus Christ, that walks on water, has a healing factor, can multiply food and turn water into wine. 

Wouldn't it be kind of sweet if they made a super hero that could kill bad guys by turning all of the water in their bodies to wine?

Sounds like my new best friend.

Just be glad they're not bringing Hercules to the screen. But way back when they announced they were making an Iron Man movie they released it before Hulk because they thought it wouldn't do as well. Oops.

Archived