• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select Shaq Thompson

Jeremy Igo

It's exactly what were going to do. We don't actually use a 4-3 set very much, we run the nickel a lot. He'll be at SS most of the time and a LB sometimes. He's a perfect fit for our defensive scheme.

It's a ton to put on a rookie if that's what we choose to do.  I hope he's up for it.  One position or the other, if not both, will have to be greatly simplified.

AAAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD Andrew Luck gets another weapon.

if you use that logic then you should use the logic:

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD  the Panthers D just got that much more dominate 

I'm just curious where we play him. We play a 4-3 base, but we only actually put 3 LBs on the field on a little over 30% of defensive snaps last year. I don't see taking snaps away from Luke or TD to get him on the field, so he's either going to have to straight up play SS or he's going to have to play in some sort of joker role to see a decent amount of snaps.

TD one year left. Max.

I absolutely love this pick. The dude is a football player.  I made the mistake of logging on to twitter and read some of the comments from the NFL analysts and the trolls. Anyone who thinks this is a bad pick for the panthers is a moron and quite frankly can't be taken seriously as a football fan. I still think they would have taken him even if DJ hadn't been picked right before. 

Again, I'm very excited about this selection. Honestly, we were probably the ideal team for him as well. Make sure everyone of yall tweet him and tell him welcome to the family. 

Archived