• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McGinn's writeup on Shaq

ugh

6. SHAQ THOMPSON, Washington (6-0, 228, 4.59, 2): Won the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player. "He's played running back, safety, linebacker," one scout said. "He hasn't played linebacker very much. Lavonte David was much more instinctive. You hope if he just sticks to one position he can learn how to use his hands, which he doesn't now." Despite averaging 7.5 yards in 61 rushes, he has told teams he wants to play only LB. "I don't see him as a backer," another scout said. "Once he sees the ball he is so quick and so explosive he can make plays, but I don't think he's instinctive." Finished with 233 tackles (15 for loss), 3½ sacks and 13 big plays (four defensive TDs in '14). "I think he's another Adam Archuleta," a third scout said. "Archuleta played linebacker and they moved him to box safety and blitzed him. Same guy." Had an unsuccessful stint in 2012 as a minor-league outfielder. Third-year junior. "They (Husky coaches) were so tired of him they virtually said to him, 'You've got a great shot. It's probably best for you to go this year,'" a scout said. "He made a lot of stupid 15-yard penalties. I was surprised (coach) Chris Petersen put up with him." From Sacramento.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-nfl-draft-prospects-linebackers-b99487244z1-301505991.html

Wow we got a 3rd string LB who is also a thug? Great.

You've been saying third string linebacker.

When Ron said third linebacker

You know, next to the other two.

Glad we didn't take Perriman and his fuged up hairline.

Someone said in the pck tread that we pla re nickel than anythng.

4-3 situations - OLB

Nickel Situations - S/Nickel Cover guy

He'll be on the field and lot and he's going to be ou cover guy. Can keep up with TEs better than anyone else our defense.

Right now im very indifferent and unsure on this pick. I dont love it, i dont even like it actually, i dont hate it either. I do love I was right with my prediction though so there is that. I am also glad we didnt land one of these overrated tackles. I wanted a WR, we have to get Cam weapons.

Right now i am pretty much in wait and see mode. I dont like the pick but I dont hate it either

The thing that gets me, if we were so enamored with him, we could've traded back and picked up another pick in the process. The only team I'd see gambling on him outside of us would've been New England.

25 was a huge reach.

Archived