• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

Wow. That sweet talking, sexy Rexy is already dining with La'el. Oh, hell!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/05/04/lael-collins-lsu-murder-questioning-baton-rouge-brittney-mills/26888565/

"And later Monday night, Collins dined with Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan at Ruffino's Italian restaurant in Baton Rouge, according to an employee of the restaurant."

We better do our best to get in the good graces of this kid. If all suspicions about him are cleared, then Jerry Richardson better not stand in the way of Gman trying to sign Collins.

You can flame all you want, but if we let this kid get away over some booooolsh*t, then that might be the best indicator that it's time for a new owner. You can't summarily dismiss Collins if it turns out that he is an innocent victim.

And, of course, it's all predicated upon you wanting him in the first place, which I don't see why we wouldn't, being that we likely had a second round grade on him.

I still think Trai Turner is our best chance at signing him. And that J.R. is our biggest roadblock and will ultimately cost us Collins.

Zod and Voth disagree.

Unless the police actually decide he's a suspect, the Panthers will be interested.

If he had any involvement, then I don't even need to state the obvious.

But if he had nothing to do with this (which I personally agree) then I hope a positive can come from this. Not the death of a mother and child obviously, as even the deepest devoted people can be hard-pressed to find any kind of silver lining to that tragedy.

But hopefully youngsters in college ball learn that the NFL doesn't love you. It will turn its back on you in a damn heartbeat. So please be smart in school, because there really are no "youthful transgressions" for college athletes anymore.

Top-10 talent goes undrafted because a day before the draft he's simply being talked to about a women's death.

I sort of doubt it as well. Some are saying he is a lock to start but I'm not sure it's a lock. He projects to be a RT and would be stacked against Remmers and Williams. At LT he's going against 2 other veterans. He should or could win either of these positions but it's not a lock.

We will be interested, but I bet the Bills will give him much more than we are willing/able to

Per CBA rules governing UDFAs the dollar amounts are pretty much exactly the same from all teams, maybe room for a few thousand difference in signing bonus or different levels of guarantees. This is why scheme fit, ability to play right away, and his preferred city are considered the main differentiators.

Like I said in another thread, why not just sign him? What's to lose? It's a low risk/high reward situation. If it turns out that he WAS involved in the murder, then you can just easily cut him. Pull the damn trigger. Would be a steal if it turns out he wasn't involved in the murder.

The risk is that if he is somehow involved he goes from being "La'El Collins" to "Carolina Panthers Lineman, La'El Collins".  Not saying it's right, but whatever team would sign him would forever be associated with him.

Archived