• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope Thompson proves me wrong because he is a Panther now. However, it's disconcerting even if it is one practice without pads.

Maybe I'm just used to getting production right away from first round picks:

Benjamin

Lotulelei

Kuechly

Newton

Reacting. I wouldn't go so far as to say Shaq struggled, but Mayo definitely looked more comfortable, which is understandable as that is his full time position. 

I really like this Mayo kid. He may take Klein's spot on the roster. 

klein tradable?

Has it already been decided shaq will be staying opposite of TD day 1? If so (assuming that's the plan), does it worry anybody that he is now hurt and will miss all of OTAs? It seems like a lot for a kid to expect him to be ready without any real action until training camp?

He was going to miss OTAs anyway because of his university being on the quarters system instead of semesters. Every rookie from Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA, Stanford, Ohio State, and Northwestern are in the same boat. Can't attend OTAs until finals are over and the graduating class commences. For most that's June 12th or 13th. It's a rule between the NCAA and the NFL.

Step away from the ledge.

• Pie 4

Shaq has been playing WLB for three years. Not sure what the big adjustment he needs to make is on the field. Our defense is pretty vanilla too. Just requires great execution. I'm thinking nerves had a role. He doesn't come across as supremely confident so it may take a little bit for him to be comfortable. Of course him not being around for all of OTAs doesn't help that.

Glad to hear Funchess looked great. He was the pick I liked the least but I'll happily be proved wrong.

Easy on expectations after reading this folks. A LONG way from first week of the NFL. Shaq has plenty of time to get better and Mayo will learn fro one of the best.

Don't go easy on getting excited though, we got pigskins being tossed around.

Just saw an alert on my phone from CBS that said Shaq and Funchess struggled today.

This may have been asnwered already but they sturggled with conditioning. Shag had a tweaked hammy and Funchess was cramping because of the southern weather.

Edited by KendrickPanther
  • Pie 1