• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thompson and Benwikere met to study the playbook Thursday night.  So, that would suggest to me that he is a bit lost for the moment.  It also suggests that Benwikere is awesome.

“I was up pretty late with (cornerback) Bené (Benwikere) last night going over the playbook, just trying to get everything in so I can play fast,”  (Black and Blue Review)

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

Thompson and Benwikere met to study the playbook Thursday night. So, that would suggest to me that he is a bit lost for the moment. It also suggests that Benwikere is awesome.

Rookies always are at this time of year.

Good to hear he's seeking help, though.

Rookies always are at this time of year.

Good to hear he's seeking help, though.

Yes, I would not read anything into it. 

In June 2007, I was new to this lowly forum, and I started a thread based on the 2007 rookies I saw at OTAs.  Understand that it was one of the last days of OTAs, so you want to see who is clicking and who is not.   

I was very disappointed to report that Dwayne Jarrett was lost.  He was jogging in routes, looking around as if he was lost.  Steve Smith ripped him repeatedly.  Jarrett just stood there with his hands on his hips, as if Smitty wasn't there. 

Beason looked great.  I was watching him in a goal line drill right in front of me.  I was behind the defense.  He repeatedly beat the back to the hole.  For the first time, I realized how instinctive and technically sound you really have to be to play LB.  It would be hard enough if all you had to worry about was the run.  He was small, but I thought he would be great.

Back to Jarrett.  I hoped he would get better, but that never really happened.  If Shaq is having the same confusion at the end of OTAs, there might be reason for concern; however, I doubt Hurney put the players through the white board test like Gettlemen does. 

Replace the Hebrew Hammer?  Say it ain't so :(

I don't think so, but you never know.  I am guessing the LBs will be as follows--

TDavis, Kuechly, Thompson

Glanton, Mayo, Klein

Blechen (my dark-horse candidate), Trusnik

I doubt they keep 8 LBs, but they could keep 7.  Blechen probably goes to PS, but if he does well, you could see Klein getting cut or traded.

I see a three-way competition for 2 positions (Blechen, Glanton, Klein), assuming Trusnik makes it, and I expect that he will.  Since we should no longer have Reddick and Jacobs as backups, you have to know we got stronger at LB this offseason.

Edited by MHS831