• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sources say Brady suspension coming next week

Mr. Scot

It's reportedly not a question of "if" but "how many games".

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reportedly decided to suspend Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, with an announcement coming next week and the only remaining question being how many games Brady will miss.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports that several league sources say Goodell considers Brady’s role in Deflategate a serious violation. The question Goodell still needs to answer, according to this report, is how long Brady will be suspended, not if Brady will be suspended.

Goodell reportedly believes that he needs to discipline Brady for two different violations: First, for his involvement in having footballs under-inflated. And secondly, for his refusal to allow the Deflategate investigation to have access to his cell phone records.

Estimates of the length of the suspension have been all over the map, but a suspension of any length would make Brady the highest-profile player ever to receive such a punishment.

Report: Brady suspension will be announced next week

Goodell reportedly believes that he needs to discipline Brady for two different violations: First, for his involvement in having footballs under-inflated. And secondly, for his refusal to allow the Deflategate investigation to have access to his cell phone records.

Not to defend Brady too much in this, but that bolded part is a load of BS. Unless the league gave him that cell phone and pays for the service why should he be required to give up his personal records? This isn't a criminal investigation, no matter how much Goodell wants it to be.

Because it's Brady and New England probably a 2-3 games. When he should get no less than 10.

Hey goodell if you're gonna have a no tolerance stance on everything else how about having one on all the cheating that has took place up in New England.

Goodells a joke

Not to defend Brady too much in this, but that bolded part is a load of BS. Unless the league gave him that cell phone and pays for the service why should he be required to give up his personal records? This isn't a criminal investigation, no matter how much Goodell wants it to be.

It wasn't "give us your phone and go home" kinda deal. They told him that the phone would be examined in the presence of him and his lawyers. They were most likely going to examine the texts between him and those dudes only in he and his lawyers presence. I don't see the big deal IF he has nothing to hide.

Thus the extent to which he refused to cooperate with the investigations coupled with the cheating should equal a harsh suspension.

Hardy got a 10 game for not helping the NFL to suspend him. Anything less for Brady and its a joke.

Unlike Richardson, Kraft will make sure Brady only get one game though.

Hardy didn't get 10 games for not cooperating with the investigation. Also, domestic violence doesn't equate to releasing air out of a football. I hope Brady gets 10 games as well, but to use Hardy's situation as a measurement would be inaccurate.

Hardy didn't get 10 games for not cooperating with the investigation. Also, domestic violence doesn't equate to releasing air out of a football. I hope Brady gets 10 games as well, but to use Hardy's situation as a measurement would be inaccurate.

Hardy's suspension actually was made longer for not cooperating.

So there's a resemblance in the nature of being dishonest.

It wasn't "give us your phone and go home" kinda deal. They told him that the phone would be examined in the presence of him and his lawyers. They were most likely going to examine the texts between him and those dudes only in he and his lawyers presence. I don't see the big deal IF he has nothing to hide.

Thus the extent to which he refused to cooperate with the investigations coupled with the cheating should equal a harsh suspension.

Maybe I just value my privacy too much, but unless it's for a criminal investigation I'm not letting anybody view my personal records (phone or otherwise) unless I absolutely have to.

Maybe I just value my privacy too much, but unless it's for a criminal investigation I'm not letting anybody view my personal records (phone or otherwise) unless I absolutely have to.

According to the CBA, players are required to cooperate fully with investigations. I don't think they were asking too much considering they were only interested in texts between him and those two and they were going to do that in his presence.

Archived