• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports Illustrated says Panthers and Broncos have had worst offseason in NFL

SCP

I like not being christened paper champs.  We addressed all of our needs this offseason in one way or another and have the parts in place to make a run. 

I swear if AZ didn't grab Humphries and we drafted him, these networks would be saying we're a top contender lol.    

Seriously, our offseason aside, the 49ers have had one of the worst off seasons of all time.

But yeah it's clear the Panthers have upgraded their roster so I don't know how that can be viewed as a negative. Well, I do know how and it's called lazy journalism.

it's hard to take any list seriously if They rank anyone other then the 49ers as the worst off season in the NFL this year.

It's the 49ers and it's not even close

I like to judge how well our offseason was at the end of the season, after the playoffs. A player may not look like a smart signing now but come playoffs the player may be the steal of the offseason while big name players end up being bust or overpaid.

Last offseason we lost half our O-line and the entire secondary and WR group and still won the NFC south.  This year we lost one below average tackle and an ok, but old and injured running back.  Last year was 1000000 times worse than this year. 

One of the worse things you can do as a team is have a high constant turnover rate.  Remember that Eagles "dream team" ? They did not even make the playoffs.  If you have a good group of players that work together well, especially a good young group, the best thing you can do is keep them together as long as you can.  Green Bay has been doing it for years.  Have they signed anyone since Reggie White got there?  They keep adding guys in the draft and re-signing guys they know can play in their system.  That's one of the reasons I think Chip Kelly will fall flat on his face this year. 

Writers are just like fans in the offseason.  After the draft and before training camp they got to find something to do.  So this was his something.

I tried to find this article on SI and couldn't. Anyone got a link?

It's in the most recent printed magazine. Search for the most recent SI edition online and you should be able to find it. Authors last name is Baskin.

Archived